PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Spotted this gem on Etsy. One of you crazy gun enthusiasts ought to pick this up! Looks to be functional and the seller indicates the wood part is unsmoked. A beautiful and rare treasure if you ask me. The other pipe listings the seller has up don't indicate anything about these having been cleaned, however, so proceed with caution.
il_fullxfull.630544630_hvuh.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I agree with Spencer; I don't like the imagery. Gun safety is a kind of muscle memory that needs to be built in so it is strong at four o'clock in the morning after a serious night of drinking. You have to keep your priorities. Sometimes a cute novelty isn't worth ... a cute novelty.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I think that revolver pipe is pretty cool. Nifty as a novelty and I'd probably smoke it too. :puffy:

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Reminds me of a funny story about a dear friend of mine, as well as to many of us from the NY Pipe Club and beyond, the late Sailorman Jack.
At a NY Pipe Show many years ago, Jack told me the story... he spent many hours at the Wilke Shop in NYC with Gennaro Filosa, who managed the store with Elliot Nachwalter and upon many occasions when a customer would come into the shop he'd approach them and boldly ask, "Would you like to see my penis?", to which a look of both shock and disgust would be returned only to be smoothed over with a bellowing laugh as only Jack could, and by "whipping out" from his signature Navy inspired style jacket,a beautiful leather case which, upon opening, would reveal a beautifully carved meerschaum pipe in the shape of, you guessed it, a penis!
We miss Sailorman Jack dearly!

jonasclark

Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Those Baglan cig holders are crazy.
I see the revolver pipes on eBay all the time, and I wonder: did smokers of these apparently popular novelty pipes (I've seen many variants) intend a sort of gallows humor, or were they smoked as a statement by people pushing a mopey personality, or...? If I found one for cheap, I'd probably buy it, just for the morbidity of it, but I wouldn't spend much on it. I've also seen a meerschaum & amber pipe shaped like a flintlock rifle, same configuration.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
The funny thing is that when I posted this I didn't even think of the morbidity of putting a gun in your mouth. I just thought it looked goofy to have the gun upside-down. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.