PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
So, I was gifted many blends of cherry tobacco.. I hate cherries by the way. One of those blends was Cult Red Blood Moon. This blend is not bad at all. Very lightweight, smooth, easy smoke and overall an enjoyable smoke. Would I smoke this everyday? No. But definitely every week.

If you are wondering what it tastes like.. a very light cherry tea or even a stronger cherry flavored water.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Glad you liked it. I tried it twice. Two different tins and a couple of years between bowls. Cloying, overwhelming and not my cup of tea, cherry or otherwise. And I am not averse to aromatics as I smoke Devil's Holiday reasonably frequently. I ended giving both tins away. The great thing is that everyone is different and it is good that you enjoy the blend.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I smoke the Moon when my mom comes to visit as she loves the smell. She grew up with a father who was a big time pipe smoker. She also likes Sutliff Molto Dolce.
I have found another use for the Moon. If I get a pipe with a ghost that isn't to nasty, I will use the Moon and get rid of the ghost. Then it only takes maybe half a dozen smokes of anything else to get rid of the Moon ghost. I know I am a genius, I still cannot believe that Mensa rated me just a tad over a low grade moron.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
How did you get gifted a variety of cherry blends when you don't like cherry? A prank? A misunderstanding? There's a story there. Good you found something you like. Maybe you can sell the rest to cherry flavor fans.
A friend was trying to be nice and thought I liked cherry lol... Even with friends, I am very private.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
As a primarily aro smoker, I've probably tried a half dozen cherry blends. Not my favorite flavor, but of the ones I tried, BRM was my clear favorite. It wasn't overwhelming like the others, and didn't leave the shank of my Savinelli sopping wet. I keep a jar of this and Bjarne Viking Eric the Red on hand, for the rare time I feel like a cherry blend.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Back in prehistory when I started my second pipe mentor suggested that I join the JR board, which is where I received my pipe introduction. It's 20 years ago, but I believe there were problems with JR's rules, and the forum potentates decided to start their own board, and there was a mass exodus to it. In those days I followed the advice of those who had the most convincing swag. On this board at that time aromatics were a big NO, the reason being that natural tobacco had all the flavor you might need.

Still a good argument, but so is flavor is where you find it. The only aromatics I smoked were 1792 and War Horse, staying closer to what I was taught.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Back in prehistory when I started my second pipe mentor suggested that I join the JR board, which is where I received my pipe introduction. It's 20 years ago, but I believe there were problems with JR's rules, and the forum potentates decided to start their own board, and there was a mass exodus to it. In those days I followed the advice of those who had the most convincing swag. On this board at that time aromatics were a big NO, the reason being that natural tobacco had all the flavor you might need.

Still a good argument, but so is flavor is where you find it. The only aromatics I smoked were 1792 and War Horse, staying closer to what I was taught.
And I like my steak blue, with no salt or pepper. I can't imagine how this type of thinking would go over in France, LOL.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Cult Blood Red Moon is in fact a CHERRY BLEND with capitol letters. It is much smoother and consistent than many other Cherry blends on the market, and a long with Paladin are my go-to Cherry blends. This was also my first cherry blend so perhaps that's why it holds a special place in my heart, but I'm puffin on a cob as I type this and it is a decent tobacco that keeps it flavor thru the bowl where others get muddled and sour. Thankfully we have a good number of choices so there's something for everyone.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I can't find any cherry in the flavor in Blood Moon at all. I know I'm pretty much alone in this but to me there is only a very slight chocolate flavor with a hint of vanilla but no cherry at all. A little too bland to smoke by itself. Using it to blend into other, stronger tobaccos mellows the strong tobacco without leaving any of the hints of chocolate or vanilla. So I praise it as a mixer.

Etipton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 24, 2021
Tennessee
The very best cherry tobacco on the planet and I say “cherry” with the highest esteem. Not the typical cherry cough drop topping you find on cheaper tobaccos. To me it tastes and smells of a warm cherry cobbler in my Mamaw’s kitchen as a child. I smoke everything from quiet nights to frog Morton and all types of vapers but to me this is why I fell in love with pipe smoking in the first place. Flavorful smells amazing and it satisfies, if you haven’t tried cult blood red moon do your self a favor and pick up a tin

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Will any of the deeming FDA regulations or anti-flavored tobacco legislation have an impact on the future availability of this blend? It seems quite popular among the array of aromatic options today.

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.