PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
I call bs on your tolerance. You must be smoking a tasting clay. Im joking, but in all seriousness grab a group 5 or larger size pipe and smoke those blends on a empty stomach if you want to "feel" the nicotine. Or in my opinion macbaren Bold Kentucky.

Merton

Lifer
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
This might be helpful: Nicotine is not cocaine, LSD, or morphine, or meth. Whatever you are looking for, you will not find it here.

Nicotine can provide an increase sense of awareness, allow thoughts to become more vivid and in general do things like helping Einstein focus long enough to envision how the universe operates. It will not make you high in the manner of the drugs listed above.

But it can make you feel sick to your stomach. Consider yourself fortunate that you can smoke heavier blends without getting knocked on your feet.

For the type of smoke you are looking for, I recommend the following blend: Salvia Divinorum. I promise you, you will find what you are looking for in it.
No offense but Salvia Divinorum is most decidedly not pipe tobacco and is instead a psychoactive plant in the mint family which is sometimes smoked by certain native peoples in religious ceremonies. It can cause hallucinations and delusions. I know that you were probably kidding but...

Reactions: ofafeather

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
No offense but Salvia Divinorum is most decidedly not pipe tobacco and is instead a psychoactive plant in the mint family which is sometimes smoked by certain native peoples in religious ceremonies. It can cause hallucinations and delusions. I know that you were probably kidding but...
Yes, of course I am kidding?. My point to the OP was that if you are chasing some type of “hit” you won’t find it here. Nicotine is a drug, but it’s effects aren’t overtly narcotic or hallucinogenic. It has aspects of both but it works very differently. It’s not caffeine either.

Reactions: dcon

telescopes

Totally not into smoking things that alter your state of being. I do not even like alcohol.
Life, as we experience it through our brain, is THE altered state of being. Reality is THE illusion, not the other way around. The relative safety of an unaltered reality is a prison of ones own making. A prison in which you discover the true meant of insanity. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. ??

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
I smoke around 20 bowls a day. Morning to night. I was a cigarette smoker previously. I was in your boat before. I find HH Arcadian and Haldos delight seem to give me the nicotine I need. The most important advice I can give you is to light up your pipe the minute you wake up. If you start the day with a pipe it seems to set the level. If that makes sense.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Rustica.

I haven't tried it yet, but if it gave @chasingembers a nic hit then chances are any other Earthling will be floored by it. If that doesn't work, chew is the only answer in your case.
Rustica is not that much stronger than the blends he's already tried. It is, however, tasty.

Also I think embers lit up like 5 flakes in a group 13 or something.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I smoke around 20 bowls a day. Morning to night. I was a cigarette smoker previously. I was in your boat before. I find HH Arcadian and Haldos delight seem to give me the nicotine I need. The most important advice I can give you is to light up your pipe the minute you wake up. If you start the day with a pipe it seems to set the level. If that makes sense.
Jesus God! With only 24 hours in a day how does one make it through 20 bowls????

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yes, of course I am kidding?. My point to the OP was that if you are chasing some type of “hit” you won’t find it here. Nicotine is a drug, but it’s effects aren’t overtly narcotic or hallucinogenic. It has aspects of both but it works very differently. It’s not caffeine either.
actually it's tobacco is closely related to some pretty insane drugs and has in minute quantities the same stuff as plants like datura. Now to get those effects you'd need a lot of tobacco like enough to kill most of us. But yes tobacco is in same family as nightshade (also peppers and potatoes, so.....).
I agree though the effects of nicotine which is what you actually said (I just ran with tobacco, because fun facts are fun) is very subtle. I doubt they are not having an effect on the op. I bet it's more not noticing it.
Back to the regularly scheduled post (the O.P.) if he wants to see the effects of lots of nicotine get some strong snuff like a white or something from South Africa and put piles up ones nose. That might be more what he's looking for.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
there is some science to this. The first bit of nicotine we get actually effects your sense of nicotine and sensitivity through out the rest of the day. You can ruin pipe smoking for a day by putting a huge pinch of strong los snus in.

Reactions: ofafeather

telescopes

Oh I am well acquainted with both tobacco and salvia and know for certain how one of them will ruin a Dunhill.

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
When I was making the transition between cigarettes and pipes, if I smoked a few cigarettes first, that pipe didn’t seem to take away my nicotine cravings. If I start with a pipe, I found I was fine. It took awhile but I did transition to pipe only. I usually don’t pack the pipe the whole way. Mostly have half bowls and smoke them. A small scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.