Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Gawith Black Twist: earthy taste, no nicotine hit

Gawith Brown Twist: earthy taste, no nicotine
Not commenting on whether you get a nic hit of either of those, but I'd suggest you smoke to tease out the flavours a bit more, they are radically different from each other, as well as any other tobacco out there, and very enjoyable.

Regarding OJK, don't expect bells and whistles in terms of nic, I found it moderate.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I mean.. The method of consuming any drug has to do with the effects of that drug.

Yesterday I smoked a big bowl of Newminster 403... and I felt like shit afterwards. A little green, headache, and just generally felt like shit. That was from not eating lunch and smoking a big bowl of pipe tobacco.. any pipe tobacco might give you that feeling.

But.. I could have that sick feeling, and still crave a cigarette. When I smoked one, I only felt worse.. Because my body was "full" on nicotine.

Bottom line on this... all forms of tobacco use have differing effects. If you are looking for a quick head rush of nicotine.. you'll basically only get that from cigarettes. Its a more addictive feeling, than that of pipes. One form of nicotine may not be a replacement for another.

All that being said, Its certainly easier to quit any form of nicotine by replacing it with another... over just going cold turkey.

In the world of getting off from nicotine, cigarettes are king... they are the crack version of tobacco.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
While cigarettes give you a hit, I thought smokeless forms of tobacco were the ones to put you on your arse. As one they are absorbed through the gum into the blood stream as opposed to via the lungs, and two they sit slightly below your body’s nicotine receptors’ maximum intake. So instead of maxing out on a cig, you continuously absorb nicotine, and after 15mins or so if you’re not used to it, you are getting WAY more nicotine

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
While cigarettes give you a hit, I thought smokeless forms of tobacco were the ones to put you on your arse. As one they are absorbed through the gum into the blood stream as opposed to via the lungs, and two they sit slightly below your body’s nicotine receptors’ maximum intake. So instead of maxing out on a cig, you continuously absorb nicotine, and after 15mins or so if you’re not used to it, you are getting WAY more nicotine
Came to pipe smoking 4.5 years ago with hopes of being able to stop dipping (currently Red Seal and formerly Copenhagen) a can a day. There is nothing like smoking a pipe and when done having a dip. Some tobacco's that I smoke will knock me on my ass depending on bowl size.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Came to pipe smoking 4.5 years ago with hopes of being able to stop dipping (currently Red Seal and formerly Copenhagen) a can a day. There is nothing like smoking a pipe and when done having a dip. Some tobacco's that I smoke will knock me on my ass depending on bowl size.
I very occasionally will take some Swedish snus as my neighbour is a fan. After about 15-20mins I feel about the same as three hours on a pipe.

Reactions: ofafeather

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I tried to use snus to kick the cigarettes but failed. Not because they don't hit you in the face with nicotine but because I couldn't stand their abysmal taste and burning in the mouth.

What?! I’m helplessly addicted. I put 2-4 in each time. I’m not even sure what pipe tobacco tastes like anymore...

Kidding aside, I understand where you’re coming from. If you’re still interested, I recommend shopping around for different flavors and different strengths. You can really fine tune it to what you like and what works for you...

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
What?! I’m helplessly addicted. I put 2-4 in each time. I’m not even sure what pipe tobacco tastes like anymore...

Kidding aside, I understand where you’re coming from. If you’re still interested, I recommend shopping around for different flavors and different strengths. You can really fine tune it to what you like and what works for you...
Hah, only bought it once, a sleeve of General white portion, struggled to finish it, only did because I paid for it!
I was at a business dinner with a Swedish client who stuffed three pouches in his mouth the second the food was over, thought it was borderline off.
Dunno man, I found it really burned my gums and needed to switch it around every once in a while, which when I did I'd get masses of saliva carrying the salty taste around the mouth. It does deliver nicotine though, that's a fact. TMI perhaps!

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Hah, only bought it once, a sleeve of General white portion, struggled to finish it, only did because I paid for it!
I was at a business dinner with a Swedish client who stuffed three pouches in his mouth the second the food was over, thought it was borderline off.
Dunno man, I found it really burned my gums and needed to switch it around every once in a while, which when I did I'd get masses of saliva carrying the salty taste around the mouth. It does deliver nicotine though, that's a fact. TMI perhaps!

All good. I like the General Mint. Although, I’ve really taken a liking to the Cool Mint Zyn as of late. Just tried the Citrus version for the first time yesterday and I really like that, as well; although, I prefer the mint. To be fair, I love the burn. The stronger, the better

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
This used to do the job on me. Literally couldn't take it. Cope I could take. Not this. It's still around, I believe, with different packaging. Don't know if it's the same as decades ago. Anyone know?--though why I'm asking is a puzzle.

wb-cut.jpg

burleybreath

Aug 29, 2019
Life, as we experience it through our brain, is THE altered state of being. Reality is THE illusion, not the other way around. The relative safety of an unaltered reality is a prison of ones own making. A prison in which you discover the true meant of insanity. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. ??
How would anyone know this, Herr Kant?

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
How would anyone know this, Herr Kant?
They wouldn't with just tobacco, that is for sure.

Or, think of it this way; your brain is in a closed off dark compartment inside your skull. Various sensory organs attached to your body gather information (electromagnetic information, tactile information via pressure sensors, auditory sound waves, and molecular receptors detecting various molecules) and this information is sent in the form of electrical impulses to your brain. The brain then assigns constructs to this information in the form of color, shapes, odors , etc and synthesizes and organizes the information in a manner that can be understood by a primate that evolved on a savannah in the African plains. At the same time, it discards MOST of the information that it takes in because it is unable to organize it in a meaningful way that can be understood by us.

What part of reality does anyone think they truly understand. What we get is an illusion that serves as a talking point.

Or, perhaps its just a dream and we are the smoke waffing upward on someone else's pipe.

But you decide which is right
And which is an illusion...

Dio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2020
If you are looking for NIC hit then you probably smoked the wrong thing

burleybreath

Aug 29, 2019
They wouldn't with just tobacco, that is for sure.

Or, think of it this way; your brain is in a closed off dark compartment inside your skull. Various sensory organs attached to your body gather information (electromagnetic information, tactile information via pressure sensors, auditory sound waves, and molecular receptors detecting various molecules) and this information is sent in the form of electrical impulses to your brain. The brain then assigns constructs to this information in the form of color, shapes, odors , etc and synthesizes and organizes the information in a manner that can be understood by a primate that evolved on a savannah in the African plains. At the same time, it discards MOST of the information that it takes in because it is unable to organize it in a meaningful way that can be understood by us.

What part of reality does anyone think they truly understand. What we get is an illusion that serves as a talking point.

Or, perhaps its just a dream and we are the smoke waffing upward on someone else's pipe.

But you decide which is right
And which is an illusion...
You're certain of this, I take it?

kgs

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
Nicotine is a strange drug. I used to smoke 2 packs of Marlboro Reds per day. At the height of my cigarette habit I would not feel a nicotine buzz even in the morning. When I was a 1 pack a day smoker I would often feel a strong buzz from my morning cigarette. The cigarette buzz, for me, involves a light-headed, dizzy feeling. There is also a kind of physical sensation in my limbs, like if my arms are buzzing. I have even felt a bit weak in the knees, as if I might fall down.

When I used to smoke Bali Shag RYO I was less addicted and I think I recall getting a less intense buzz from those. I smoked both Camel non-filter and Pall Mall non-filter for a while, but I can't remember what the buzz was like from those. There's an unopened pack of Pall Mall non-filter in my desk drawer that is tempting me these days.

When I moved away from cigarettes, first to cigarillos and then to pipes, I do not think I felt a buzz for quite a while. Then one night I packed two flakes of Bold Kentucky into a Rossi Author and felt sick.

Bold Kentucky, Gawith and Hoggarth Kendal Kentucky, and Five Brothers definitely give me a "pipe tobacco nicotine buzz." The buzz is nothing like a cigarette buzz. There is no lightheaded feeling, and no tingling. Instead I feel stimulated as if I have had a good cup of coffee, and I also feel a relaxed calm and increased focus.

The pipe tobacco buzz can be subtle at times. I notice it most when I smoke in a quite and relaxed setting. Of course, I try to let the smoke linger in my mouth and I also retrohale most of the time. If you are looking for the quick and intense hit that cigarettes provide then you will not find it in pipe tobacco. It is a matter of chemistry and biology. I have managed to very successfully make the switch to pipe smoking. Inhaling doesn't even feel natural anymore.

I hope SP gets some Five Brothers back in stock soon. I am running very dangerously low.

Status
Not open for further replies.