PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Welcome from Southwest Washington.
I'm just across the river from Portland, and I like to visit a few shops in Portland from time to time. You mentioned moving, so if you're not familiar with Portland area tobacco shops there are several good ones. I like 82nd Ave. Tobacco and Pipe, Cascade Cigar and Tobacco, Paul's Cigars, and Rich's Cigar Store.

Reactions: skvnkpdx and orvet

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Presumably. In fact my dad just gave me a couple pipes to add to my collection, though he lives quite a distance away. I'll plan on going up to the Seattle club at some point to see an uncle.
It is really special sharing a hobby with family.
Welcome from Olympia! I'll probable see you at the SPC. Portland also has a club that meets at the Rose and Thistle.

Reactions: skvnkpdx

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
Welcome from Salem! I just got back into the hobby this year after a 20 plus year hiatus. It amazes me how many good tobaccos there are available now, many more Virginia flakes that I really like as opposed to when I quit smoking around 2000.
Definitely check out Rich's in downtown Portland!

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello from Oregon!
Used to smoke with my dad and my uncles, and occasionally attended the Seattle Pipe Club (one of my uncles went frequently). Haven't smoked in years, and just uncovered my pipes while moving. Very excited to get back into the hobby.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

skvnkpdx

Lurker
Dec 29, 2023
Oregon
Welcome from Southwest Washington.
I'm just across the river from Portland, and I like to visit a few shops in Portland from time to time. You mentioned moving, so if you're not familiar with Portland area tobacco shops there are several good ones. I like 82nd Ave. Tobacco and Pipe, Cascade Cigar and Tobacco, Paul's Cigars, and Rich's Cigar Store.
I have lived here since 2009, but never been to Paul's. Thanks for the tip!

Sparcdude

Lurker
Feb 9, 2023
New Hampshire
Welcome from New Hampshire. My father wasn't a pipe smoker, but my grandfather was. I remember him just stuffing his pipe with SWR and putting a pinch of salt in his beer to give it a head...I thought it was weird at the time (and still do), but the stories he had about his time on the railroad (he was a brakeman for Boston and Maine) were well worth the time spent arguing about salt in beer!