PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Woah with the water flush talk! We aren’t ready for another civil war yet.
Sorry, I didn't know. I wasn't here.

I surmise from no available evidence that having the world's only source of briar in 1946 coupled with being soaked in water for an unspecified amount of time is what makes the Pipes by Lee the best pipe ever made ever, unlike those cheap dunhill pipes. Anybody can oil cure. Only a genius would water cure!

There. That's better.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sorry, I didn't know. I wasn't here.

I surmise from no available evidence that having the world's only source of briar in 1946 coupled with being soaked in water for an unspecified amount of time is what makes the Pipes by Lee the best pipe ever made ever, unlike those cheap dunhill pipes. Anybody can oil cure. Only a genius would water cure!

There. That's better.
Sadly, as sick as I am of hearing about Lee pipes, I'd buy one before buying another Dunhill.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just poking fun at a repetitive topic. I have zero problem with anybody smoking whatever they want in whatever pipe they choose.
Over the span of several months every thread became a Lee pipes thread filled with incoherent undocumented history about the pipe's, the company, and how they were manufactured. Dunhill's lack of quality has burned me too many times.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Without the possibility of getting banned, there would be little point in joining forums & chat rooms. If it's not happening to you semi-regularly, then you're not employing your 1st amendment robustly enough, nor are you providing humorless moderator types a reason to keep smoking their smugness pipes. But we're glad you're back.
LOL, "Fundamental Misunderstandings Of The First Amendment 101" - a class that many must view as an elective, just got another example for the "Back To The Basics" refresher listed on the syllabus. ;)

Anyone skipping class to enjoy their pipe is, of course, officially excused.

• Haha
Reactions: aspiring_sage
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Sounds as if he thinks I don't know the difference between a private forum and public speech. I do, but am persuaded that mods of private forums overestimate their ethical authority.

Ohh he scoffs at the idea of free speech, and says we think it's the law.

I believe that the spirit of free speech is considered here.

The Moderators here are good fellas.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Sounds as if he thinks I don't know the difference between a private forum and public speech.
Mods moderate. If someone believes them to be heavy handed or one sided, that’s the owner‘s issue. If the owner supports the moderator, so be it. There are no “rights” that include an expectation that being banned from time to time is an exercise of free speech and citizenship.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Ohh he scoffs at the idea of free speech, and says we think it's the law.

I believe that the spirit of free speech is considered here.

The Moderators here are good fellas.
Good Lord, don’t put words in my mouth, especially when they make no sense. You guys enjoy whatever argument you want to stir up.

Status
Not open for further replies.