PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Just about finished up my first pipe restore. The bowl had such a thick cake, I could barely squeeze in my scraper tool! Just got my bore tool from Mr. Brog and got the bowl completely cleaned out. The outside of the bowl was quite dull and had a black grime to it. The stem was also very dull but pretty smooth at least. It was quite clogged though since I was unable to at first get a tube cleaner through it. After some work and alcohol, I got the insides squeaky clean. I was able to polish the stem with some rouge and the bowl with some polish wax. My carnuba wax will be here tomorrow so I can get the bowl finished as there are a couple duller sections that I think carnuba wax will take care of. Here are the pictures:
idgft2.jpg

2411fh1.jpg

2uqlvgm.jpg

2ym7rdg.jpg

Cheers,

Jared

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yello-Bole has the reputation as an economy brand, but they've done some fine pipes, and even their current briars, like the Checker, are pretty good. It's just the Brylon wood synthetic composite pipes that I don't understand. They must sell quite a few, but I don't understand to whom, or why, exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.