PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Well said BB! Business ownership is not easy in this climate. The owners have to be so motivated and it's difficult to attract good staff. I pay my carpenters on the high end of the wage scale in the area and its amazing how we still get guys that want to come to work still smelling of last nights rum bath.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
Bad packaging was received. Company was informed. Company stated any tin the customer is not happy with send back for an exchange. This seems to cause so many issues, but for me it is why P&C will have my business always. Seems cut and dry
Mr Simon send them back, instead we will ask you to see if the seals are broken and refund those, REALLY, how do you tell? Open every one, REALLY, So I send them back, guess where they will go, if you said on the stockings shelves give yourself an A+
Therein lies the unanswered problem. I wouldn't want to be a customer that receives these same tins later.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Yep that's my policy too BB you are cut a cheque at the cab of my truck for what's owed to you and walked off site. I am not going to explain to someone's widow that he lost his life on my job site because I let him work after drinking. Not to mention WSIB premiums are high enough already.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
we will ask you to see if the seals are broken and refund those, REALLY, how do you tell?
So I send them back, guess where they will go, if you said on the stockings shelves give yourself an A+
Sink the tins in a bucket of soapy water preferably the waste water from your washing machine. If they gurgle and take in water they are knackered. Send the soapy water soaked tobacco tins back. Resale ability = zero and your point made.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Well, Got my package today. It was packed fine, but didn't get my samples that I requested.
What gives? :?
They are usually on top of there game. Sent email to find out what happen. Waiting to here back.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
They do Rothnh!
No matter how much you order, whatever they have in bulk you can request a free sample of it to try it out. :P
That's how I have been able to get so in touch with different blends over the past year. Along with the help of the season vets on here! :puffpipe:

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Well, I ordered a pipe and three Dunhill tins on the buy two get one free.. Arrived today pipe was well packed in bubble wrap, however the tins were just laying on the bottom of the box (One on top of the other two) with bubble wrap on top of them. One tin out of three was dented in two spots on the bottom, but all seem to have kept their vacuum. Guess I will smoke the dented tin first just to be sure...

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I have to use a sledge hammer and a flat head screwdriver to break the vacuum on some of the tins I have received. I started to shoot one like they do in the cowboy movies when they rob the strong box on the stage coach. It would probably make a redneck hockey puck. :)

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
As I mentioned in the other thread. I received my order from P&C today with a lot of tins (plus box pass, tobacco dream/nightmare). All bubble wrapped a pro job you expect from any online business. Sometimes you can get a person having one of those days. New hires really isn't a good excuse though, it's not rocket science. I'm sure Russ is all over it, he's become their front man in the social media and as you see quickly on it.
Craig

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The issue has been addressed. Our shippers are more familar with shipping cigars, and special protocols weren't put in place for pipes and tins. The air bags work fine, in general for stogies, but not so much for keeping tins from banging around. We'll be working with shipping to begin using kraft paper or bubble wrap to avoid these problems going forward. Although I hated seeing this, it brought the problem to my attention as I hadn't heard directly about this. Now that I'm aware, it's being handled. Please feel free to contact me directly at russo@pipesandcigars.com or call me at 800-494-9144 x 254 if there's anything I can help with.
Russ

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I don't think folks are giving this the proper thought. I know some of you have gone to Walmart and grabbed a shopping cart that never had all four wheels touching the floor at the same time or it screamed and pulled to the left so bad when you released it the thing turned and looked back at you like a good horse. My point is you did not quit shopping at Walmart because the cart wasn't that great that day. This has made me look at my own cantankerous ways. If your not careful you might hurt the ones you love. I personally don't want to lose any tobacco shop. Your friend James

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
strangely enough, I have never experienced a problem with P&C ... one might suppose that wouldn't be possible, given the litany of complaint that we've seen the past couple of days ... my shipments have all been prompt, they've all arrived every bit as promptly as could be expected, and none have had packing issues ... on the rare occasions that I've had the need to call customer service, I've been cared for as well as one could possibly hope to be ... and, in the process, I've spent less money than I might have with other vendors ...

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
P&C has gotten 70-80% of my business. They have good prices, great house blends and Russ is one of my personal Tobacco heroes. If they could shanghai Marty Pulver into running the pipe sales, I would probably have to take a second mortgage on my house to keep up with the PAD/TAD.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'm repeating myself again ... this discussion has run its course.
Thanks to everyone for their contributions to the thread. This seems to have been useful in bringing to light an issue that needed addressing, which has now been fixed.
Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.