Replacing a Flared Asymmetric Saddle Stem (video set)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Watched through video 7 so far, my only comment...too cool for school! :D

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Watching that whole tape scuffing procedure you did to protect the shank while shaping the stem on a French Wheel was an emotional rollercoaster ride! You're some kind of pipe wizard George! Words are inadequate. :worship:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Glad you guys are enjoying the ride (so to speak). :D It turns out there's a small audience of pipers/collectors who don't mess with repairs or shop stuff themselves, but like to see behind the curtain. Like that television series from a while back (PBS?) called How It's Made. Who plans on making their own billiard balls or car tires, right? But watching other people make them can be fun.
:puffy:

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
but like to see behind the curtain

I enjoy low level clean ups of old pipes, but nothing even close to your magic. What I love about your work is not only the care and skill you apply but also your love and respect for beautiful pipes, new or old.
Don

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Enjoy it??? Watching you with that French wheel and then the buffing material wheel took a year off my life and gave me the willies! No going back there! (Well, all the way back if you muff up at that step). Talk about diving into the the deep end of the pool. Picked up some tips for pipe restoration as well (mouse pad around a rod for paper work near the saddle) Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.