Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonh

Lurker
Mar 10, 2010
Twin Cities
Hi All,

I have found one of three things to cause tongue bite:

1. Alkilinity - ie: though I love the taste, Most McClelland VA's and VaPers really mess my tongue up. I now smoke any thing except for McC, which makes me sad, cuz I want to support them.

2. Wetness - You know, you got the burble in the pipe. Sometimes wetness is related to an improperly broken in pipe too.
3. Strength - This is most interesting to me. Sometimes what you really need is Night Train, but you're smoking Orlik Golden Slices, which is excellent, but not nearly as potent as Night Train. If you try to make the tobacco give you something it hasn't got, you'll probably puff it too hard. When I'm stressed, I want some power in my smoke, so I veer away from the light stuff.
FWIW

Shannon

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
I got a bad case of the bite a few days ago. And of course given i have the new TRG pipe I couldn't "rest". Usually minor cases go away with a little hydrogen peroxide and alum (works great for canker sores). But this time it just hung on.
I was at the grocery store yesterday an was going to grab some biotene. But I saw this and got it instead. It has aloe in it. Either it worked amazingly well or I was on the road to recovery already. Much better shape today despite smoking 2 bowls last night before bed.
http://www.tomsofmaine.com/products/mouthwash/product-details/cleansing-mouthwash

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Tom's of Maine Mouthwas.
Huh. The link opened just now for me.
Try again?
http://www.tomsofmaine.com/products/mouthwash/product-details/cleansing-mouthwash

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
The Biotene products work well for me, regardless of the source of bite.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Yeah that reminds me. I am out of Biotene. Thanks. My wife is at the market. I will text her now.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Awesome idea about the aloe juice. I am definately going to hit Walmart soon. I was recently separated from my tobacco stash and am waiting for it to return and a new order from smoking pipes to arrive. Till then I am kind of tobaccoless so my beloved brought me home a pouch of Amphora regular. I have never smoked any of the so called "drug store blends" but did used to smoke cheap local news stand aromatics. I smoked a few bowls of the Amphora and I now know why I stopped smoking those cheap aromatics. Holy Hades my tongue feels like that black stuff that clings to the bbq grill ! ! ! Thanks for the idea Dune

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
You are welcome, Ohin. I have found that I never have heartburn since I started drinking aloe juice. I just pour a shot glass and swish it around, then swallow it.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Reminds me of an old paisano from the neighborhood in which I grew up. Classic Italian immigrant. He started selling aloe vera back in the 80s and every time you ran into Andre' he would grand stand about the benefits of Aloe Vera. Phil...you no can a believe this Aloe Vera. Wait till I tell him I'm using it for tongue bite...he will be so happy.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
A large spoonful of creamy peanut butter works for me. It seems to smooth things out fast. Followed with a glass of really cold milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.