PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Peterson no, but the Robert McConnell Heritage line has a Ye Olde Signe reissue called Shakespeare

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Peterson no, but the Robert McConnell Heritage line has a Ye Olde Signe reissue called Shakespeare
Thanks for the reference. Alas, I was under the impression that Ye Olde Signe was an aromatic: turns out it's a VA. So, Dunhill made NO aromatics then? Dunhill sux.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks for the reference. Alas, I was under the impression that Ye Olde Signe was an aromatic: turns out it's a VA. So, Dunhill made NO aromatics then? Dunhill sux.
Three Year Matured Virginia and Royal Yacht are fairly aromatic.

Reactions: oldtoby

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
They had a few “official” aromatics, I think... I’ve got some old unopened tins, but I don’t know if they were sold in the States? I don’t think they’ve made them for awhile.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Over their history they made a number of aromatics, but that's not what they were really known for. You can still find Dunhill Ready Rubbed in stock at Smoking Pipes and other online stores. It's listed as an aromatic. But yeah, if you're into Cult Blood Red Moon and that kind of thing there are better places to look than Dunhill.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
I had the fortune of trying some blends side by side (Nightcap and Early Morning Pipe). Folks are correct in stating they are the same blend. However, just like anything else, the new tins do not have the “aged flavor” you get from a tin that is three years old. I enjoyed both the old and the new equally. The only difference being that the new Peterson tins have a fresher or sharper flavor and aroma in comparison to the more matured aged Dunhill tin. I am happy that both returned!9237

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
I had the fortune of trying some blends side by side (Nightcap and Early Morning Pipe). Folks are correct in stating they are the same blend. However, just like anything else, the new tins do not have the “aged flavor” you get from a tin that is three years old. I enjoyed both the old and the new equally. The only difference being that the new Peterson tins have a fresher or sharper flavor and aroma in comparison to the more matured aged Dunhill tin. I am happy that both returned!View attachment 9237
Never seen that label on the Nightcap before. What year was it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.