PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I received a few ounces of Yorktown, and it was BONE dry. I jarred it up, with about an ounce in its own jar to sample over the next few days (I haven’t tried it before). I was in a hurry so I just directly poured a little bit of distilled water into the jar and shook it up. 2 days later and the moisture level was perfect, with no wet spots or clumps. I’m kind of afraid there might be a mold explosion in a few days, but we’ll see.

Jun 23, 2019
Orange peel, lemon peel both work fantastic (an old trick from my rollie days) - obiously there will be a citrus topping afterwards but I find it refreshing.

Usually go with the wet paper towel technique, I just secure it on the mason jar lid and after a couple of hours it's back to life.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
As long as the moisture gets evenly distributed in the jar within a few days shouldn't have a problem with mold. I sometimes just throw a damp paper towel in and take it out after a day or two. Some parts will be more.moist from contact with the paper towel but in a couple days it evens out and no issues. As long as nothing remains too moist for more than about 3 days it's usually fine(depending on temp)

Status
Not open for further replies.