PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with Rattray's Red Rapparee? Does it contain any latakia? I tried doing a search but kept getting some RedHat page instead. If there is latakia in it, how much is there, a lot, a little or what?

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Very little Latakia. The orientals predominate, making this quite a spicy blend. But also quite good.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
I like orientals but, I find I prefer them when they are paired with latakia. In a previous post I had mentioned a large sampler I got for X-Mas, well after smoking most of them, I think I know where my tastes are leaning to. I've enjoyed all the tobaccos I received, just some more than others. My two top faves are Black House and Ambassador, both by H&H. I also just finished a bowl of PS Proper English that was pretty darn tasty.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Roth, have you tried Red Carpet by C&D? It's red Va with Perique and some Izmir. I'm finding that I'm not a big fan of Perique, I don't dislike it but I don't like it either (if that makes sense). I do like PS LBF though, I guess it's the Cavandish center that tones down the Perique for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.