PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
From US Pipemaker, Basil Meadows of Red Dog Pipes, comes this slanted Billiard that came to me with a Vergin finish. As you can see it has taken on a rich series of brown to chestnut coloration which is gracefully highlighted by the horn look Lucite stem. Keeping it smokey with Mac Baren Virginia Flake.

banjo
36240937460_934f6359e7_z_d.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Basil makes great pipes at reasonable prices. I have five of them; all are great smokers. Glad to see you have a new one, Mssr. Fish.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
That pipe I got from Basil almost three years ago it was my daily outing with Levi pipe on good weather days, the other of his was from winning the Photo Contest which he made me a bamboo shanked Morta Devil Anse, his pipes are wonderful Smokers. Make sure Basil see's this photo Jim, he'll be pleased to the coloration it's at now, cheers.

banjo

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Mssr. Fish: I sent Basil a Facebook message with a link, so he'll see the thread.

basil

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
Thank you all for the kind words! Fantastic coloration, she ain't a virgin finish any more! That chestnut matches the faux horn stem perfect! Smoke on, my friend.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Thank you Basil, I thought you'd be pleased with the harmony of the bowls coloration in conjunction with the stem; I doubt a better match could have been imagined, I plan on smoking on Sir and may you continue to honor the craft of pipe making for many more years, warm regards.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.