PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Just checked the cellar and have a pound jarred up and with over two years age on it. Hmmm, I knew I was making a good investment.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Nothing like lack of supply to cause a feeding frenzy. Good luck catching gold.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
We see how well that worked out with the orange flavored Rattrays that you like, ha ha. Now, every newbie with a bank account is scanning the sites for that blend. It was hard to find before, but now it's like Penzance level difficult to find.
Not if they call around. I have a source for that, and Blossom Temptation. :wink:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
"Until further notice, McClelland has discontinued 5100 Red Cake. They have been unable to source an essential blend component, and instead of releasing an inferior product they have decided

to discontinue it until they can produce it to their standards."

That shows outstanding integrity! Bravo McClelland!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Just for the info, you may find some here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/fs-jarred-optional-balkan-sobranie-3-oaks-syrian-wilderness-exotique-1117

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Does anyone really know for sure what the problem is? I keep hearing that Red Virginia leaf is not available but then we have this..
They have been unable to source an essential blend component
which tells me that it might be an issue with getting a certain casing, not leaf. I know that about 2years ago (maybe 3) that the Red Virginia crop was pretty dismal though.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I'm glad I finally read through this thread, just ordered the last 8 oz Mars had. :wink: I use 5100 to blend, so I have a back up plan.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
metal, if you want to do the leg work, I would be willing to bet you can find pounds of it at the small mom and pops. Remember that most small places who allegedly make their own blends, actually use Mac tobacco to do so. I am sure they have pounds of 5100 stocked away to make their blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.