Recommendations On A Molasses Flavored Blend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In terms of molasses, if you have Granger, you have the granddaddy molasses blend. Maple and molasses are from two different plants, one a tree, the other sugar cane or sugar beets. Rum is made from molasses, so I suppose rum flavored blends are kindred to molasses flavor, but not the same.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
In terms of molasses, if you have Granger, you have the granddaddy molasses blend. Maple and molasses are from two different plants, one a tree, the other sugar cane or sugar beets. Rum is made from molasses, so I suppose rum flavored blends are kindred to molasses flavor, but not the same.
Yes sir, love Granger! I guess the molasses thing was more of bygone era before chemical engineering became a thing

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
Wessex brigade campaign rich dark flake. Molasses is the dominant flavor I get from this excellent flake. Can be hard to find though.

Reactions: kurtbob

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
Who makes the Granger? I am curious and don't know about this.

When I was a child my Grandad taught me to sop biscuits in molasses mixed with butter.

If I find a blend of pipe tobacco with similar flavor I might be in love!

Cotton1

Reactions: kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Granger came in a foil pouch inside a box for almost a century, but in the last ten years or so they did away with the pouch and it only comes in a tub. Currently it is blended by Scandinavian Tobacco Group Lane Ltd, but I believe it has been purchased at least twice over its history, though the blend is still Kentucky rough cut. Nothing stays the same, even if it doesn't change management. I see from username's post that 4Noggins is now selling in bulk (maybe out of a tub). So you can sample it without committing to a whole tub. My local pipe shop used to sell it by the ounce out of a tub, maybe still does.

Status
Not open for further replies.