PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewalrus21

Lurker
Jul 26, 2014
Hey, so I'm soon out of tobacco, and need some tips on what to smoke next.

All around I enjoy aromatics such as Petersons nutty cut and Mac baren 7 Seas. 7 Seas is my favorite tobacco. I also like the Savinelli Black Cavendish.

Any tips?

TW

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Peterson Connoisseur's choice is a nice aromatic, vanilla flavour that comes through rather well in the smoke. Also Rattray's bagpiper's Dream is a really high quality aromatic that is flavoured with bourbon I believe.

hedgehog

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2013
I don't really smoke aromatics that much, but one that sits on the line between aromatic and non-aromatic is the super-excellent Frog Morton On the Town. I also hear Frog Morton's Cellar is very good (with a subtle boozy casing), but I haven't tried it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I smoke mostly non-aromatic but enjoy one or two aros in my rotation, to clear my taste buds for the next

non-aro blend. For aros I like Lanes LL-7, Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge (burley, Virginia and Cavendish with

rum), Altadis Dark Obsession (Cavendish/walnut), Edward G. Robinson blend, among others. Petersons Irish

Whiskey is good, especially when the flavoring fades a bit and it becomes more tobacco forward, good Virginia

leaf.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I have about an ounce of Dan Tobacco Blue Note in my pouch right now, and another tin of it in my cellar.
On my Pipes and Cigars wish list I have Scotty's Butternut Burley, Scotty's HPCS Trout Stream, and a pouch of Captain Black Regular.

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
+1 on the Trout Stream. It's not the most flavorful smoke, but it's a really decent aro with a great room note and no bite. Also, I haven't had Connoisseur's Choice in years, but I remember liking it quite a bit. I keep meaning to order it, but other tobaccos always bump it off the list.
I haven't had Blue Note, but I've only heard good things.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I would say step a little bit out of your comfort zone and listen to Brian on the Rattray Bagpiper's Dream and Hedgehog on the Frog Morton offerings. I believe the quality of the tobaccos are better yet you are still in that quasi aro world.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I really enjoy: http://www.milantobacco.com/milanpipetobacco.htm They offer wonderful tobacco blends for the aromatic and non-aromatic pipe smoker. Tell them Captain Bob sent you! They know me!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.