PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
I've started to order more and more Virginia blends lately. When I first started I couldn't stand them...the times they are a changin'

27PUKBvbJZ

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
Photo doesn't want to post from the phone....I shall rectify that in a bit

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice!

I enjoy the Escudo and have began cellaring it too. Also like the Six Pence but have yet to start cellaring it. I just picked up four 50g tins of the Orlik Golden Sliced but as of yet I have not tried it. Will probably let it sit for awhile as I already have several open tins of other blends on the go. Enjoy. :puffy:

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
None of those are any good. Send them to me for proper disposal! :)
Seriously though I'd live to hear what you think if the Sixpence. I'm sitting on some and have not sampled even one bowl. Many conflicting reviews and I'm letting age do it's thing.

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
I've got 7 or so tins of escudo now, with 9 months being the most age. I'll probably pop a GLP tin to try here in the week or so. When it costs as much as it does to get it up to the great white north I always feel a bit bad opening a tin lol

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I find Va's are kind of the last frontier for pipe smokers. If you don't have everything right it can make for a harsh acrid smoke. I find getting things like the moisture content just perfect is the key to a good smoke. I know the feeling of popping a tin here in Canada, American's really don't know how good they have it. I remember when I first started smoking a pipe things like buying tobacco to let it age was beyond comprehension, over even the thought of having a cellar. Now I love Va's probably the most out of all pipe tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.