PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Patience my friend. I spoke to a rep from C&D last year and was told the it will be released again in the future. I figure they have it on a cycle like CRF and Sunbear.
I don't wish to be contrarian, but...

I emailed C&D a few months ago as the last sale on Savinelli at Smokingpipes.com had wiped out the supply of 140th. I was told that the blend would not be produced again as it was not the best seller. The subject of a 145th did not come up, though they had certainly started on this project by the time I talked with them.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey

I emailed C&D a few months ago as the last sale on Savinelli at Smokingpipes.com had wiped out the supply of 140th. I was told that the blend would not be produced again as it was not the best seller. The subject of a 145th did not come up, though they had certainly started on this project by the time I talked with them.
It was a slow seller. No idea why, I think it's a nice VA/OR with the little bit of those dark fired florets. The only thing I can think of is 100 gram tins make people weird to buy but then doesn't make sense because they'll buy the max limit of a 2oz tin.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina

Well dang, I hope you're wrong, but you're more than likey right. I called before the last release of CRF. They might have had high hopes for it at the time. I'll have to stretch out what I've got.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It was a slow seller. No idea why, I think it's a nice VA/OR with the little bit of those dark fired florets. The only thing I can think of is 100 gram tins make people weird to buy but then doesn't make sense because they'll buy the max limit of a 2oz tin.
Unfortunately, I only bought one tin to test. I think it's a nice unique and refreshing blend, and love the elderflower essence. Saving it for special occasions in a jar though 100g (more like 70 now) won't go far.

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
3 x GLP Telegarph Hill
3 x GLP Temple Bar
3 x John Aylesbury Classic Flake
3 x 145th Anniversary Savinelli
5 x 50 gr McBaren Virginia nº 1
8 Oz Kramers Extra smoth
4 Oz Long Cut perique C&D
200 gr Motzek Puh Wap Wap
100 gr Motzek Vb Twist