PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Having just reacquired a taste for latakia, ordered a half pound of Star of the East Gold to try for the first time as well as a half pound of Stratfordshire, my (at least used to be) favorite latakia blend. Wanted to try the Gold because I've been on an Oriental forward blend kick lately and wanted a blend with only condimental latakia in the event my taste for latakia hasn't returned full force yet.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Thinking that with the C19 drama it might be a good time to try and sneak an order through, I ordered a pound of MacBaren Virginia #1 on the 9th of April.

Tracking status said in 'Mail Preparation' - something that I had not seen before.
Figuring that it was a new term for 'snatched by Customs', I was awaiting a nasty 'you're in trouble' letter.

Imagine my delight when I found it sitting at my door this morning.

One pound of tobacco might not sound like a big deal to most of you here but in Nanny State Australia, a pound of fine tobacco is huge.
Yay for me!

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Having just reacquired a taste for latakia, ordered a half pound of Star of the East Gold to try for the first time as well as a half pound of Stratfordshire, my (at least used to be) favorite latakia blend. Wanted to try the Gold because I've been on an Oriental forward blend kick lately and wanted a blend with only condimental latakia in the event my taste for latakia hasn't returned full force yet.
I've noticed that more than a few smokers who frequently indulge in latakia dominant blends turn off it after a while.
Sounds to me like too much of a good thing.

It would be a shame if I lost my taste for Latakia, especially since I've got several pounds of English/American/Crossover blends, lol.
My sense is that it's less likely to happen when one sticks to blends where Latakia is used as a condiment.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I've failed to keep my TAD in check with the last SP C&D sale :eek:
Three Friars 2oz
2 Sunset Harbor Flake 2oz
Speakeasy Navy Blend 2oz
Redburn 2oz
Rajah's Court 2oz
Orient Express 2oz
Night Train 2oz
John Marr 2oz
and 800 pipe cleaners....in case of apocalypse

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I've noticed that more than a few smokers who frequently indulge in latakia dominant blends turn off it after a while.
Sounds to me like too much of a good thing.

It would be a shame if I lost my taste for Latakia, especially since I've got several pounds of English/American/Crossover blends, lol.
My sense is that it's less likely to happen when one sticks to blends where Latakia is used as a condiment.
I've gone through several periods of suddenly hitting what I call the latakia wall where I cannot hack the stuff. In order to minimize the chance of hitting it again I will only smoke a latakia blend once daily in the evening, (I smoke 3-4 times daily).

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Took Adventist the P&C D&R and free shipping sale

Hearth & Home Marquee Fusilier's Ration Special Reserve 8 oz
Daughters & Ryan Ramback Gold 16 Ounce Bag
Daughters & Ryan Rimboche A.B. 16 Ounce Bag
Daughters & Ryan Cockstrong 16 Ounce Bag
Daughters & Ryan Athey 16 Ounce Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.