PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Swiss TAD continued.

@SBC @cosmicfolklore @hawky454 ennerdale smells like I remembered it, 30% rose geranium in the back and VERY sweet (i know it doesn’t taste THAT sweet or I wouldn’t like it), then cosmic said bubblegum on SBC’s thread…and I’ll be damned. It DOES smell like bubblegum. The smells change the longer I sniffed, was I getting drunk? I get almond in some whiffs, flowers, sweetness, bubblegum and yes, rose geranium.

Bosun - never had it before - smells like geranium and cloves.
Dark plug I had before, smells like DFK to me even though it’s not supposed to have any, @saltedplug can weigh in.

RB - never had it before and @Ahi Ka put me up to it, smells like a Christmas cake.

They are all very dark and crusty yet the dating tells me they have 6 months of age, so Synjeco’s stock is pretty fresh.
1467BF19-43D8-4613-B542-8D05BBDD1498.jpeg

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Swiss TAD continued.

@SBC @cosmicfolklore @hawky454 ennerdale smells like I remembered it, 30% rose geranium in the back and VERY sweet (i know it doesn’t taste THAT sweet or I wouldn’t like it), then cosmic said bubblegum on SBC’s thread…and I’ll be damned. It DOES smell like bubblegum. The smells change the longer I sniffed, was I getting drunk? I get almond in some whiffs, flowers, sweetness, bubblegum and yes, rose geranium.

Dark plug I had before, smells like DFK to me even though it’s not supposed to have any, @saltedplug can weigh in.

RB - never had it before and @Ahi Ka put me up to it, smells like a Christmas cake.

They are all very dark and crusty yet the dating tells me they have 6 months of age, so Synjeco’s stock is pretty fresh.
View attachment 111630

Thanks for the feedback.

And from where are you getting all this, right now? Is the European supply really so divergent from the American?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Swiss TAD continued.

View attachment 111630

That is good to hear, I will need to up my stash of Ennerdale Flake eventually, I figure the latest complaint about Ennerdale was just a classic case of batch variation, maybe some new employee got too light handed with the sauce on a batch or two. Very nice order, it's making my mouth water just looking at it. RB Plug is great stuff too, it pretty much tastes like Christmas cake too, I still have a tad bit left from a plug I got back in 2016 from misterlowercase. I haven't had the Plug version of either St. James or Full VA but I'm sure they are stellar.

Turns out, I'm waiting on some Best Brown Flake to dry out to smoke on my way home, so I'm liking the Gawith theme you've got going here!! :)

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
I've just been jarring today's delivery:

Gawith Hoggarth - Dark Plug (U/S) 200g
Ogdens - Original Flake Formerly Walnut Flake 50g x2
Samuel Gawith - Kendal/Best Brown Plug 200g
Samuel Gawith - Skiff Mixture 50g
Gawith Hoggarth - S Type Brown Twist RM 50g
Samuel Gawith - Cabbies Mixture (Loose) 200g
Samuel Gawith - Brown No.4 Finest Kendal Twist - 50g Tin x2
Gawith Hoggarth - Dark XX Plug - 25g Pouch x4
Gawith Hoggarth - Dark Birds Eye Pipe Tobacco 100g

IMG_20211130_182804_8~2.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I replenished my stores of C&D Yorktown, Sutliff Revelation Match, Match Victoria, and their Edgeworth Match. Bought 10 tins of the latest Cringle Flake, and several KBV blends, Endless Void, Dread Planet, and Plague Bringer. Endless Void is one of the best Virginia blends I've had in years, composed from stocks of 20+ year old leaf.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
The recent SP sale acquisitions:

Kiribi Mikazuki Black Matte
Kirbi Lighter Flints
B. J. Long Bristle Tapered Pipe Cleaners (80 pack)
Cornell & Diehl: Black Frigate 2oz
Mac Baren: Plumcake 3.5oz
Cornell & Diehl: Latakia, 2oz
Cornell & Diehl: Izmir Turkish, 8oz
Cornell & Diehl: Red Virginia Ribbon 4 oz
Cornell & Diehl: Black Cavendish4 oz

Status
Not open for further replies.