PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
Thanks, rogers--I'll look into that.
No problem. Sign up for informed delivery if available in your area. They'll let you know when you have a package coming that needs a signature. Thing is, you have to check at their website, they won't e-mail you.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Just got a order form Smokingpipes

500 gr Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew
2 tins Dan Milonga
2 tins Dan Devils Holiday
1.75 oz Amphora Special Reserve Black Cavendish
3 tins Peterson Sunset Breeze

Reactions: hauntedmyst

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Thought I was done cellaring. But 15 tins of Carolina red flake. 20 tins of Irish flake. 1 tin of 3p's - 2. 3.5oz bold kentucky. 2. 3.5oz old dark fired. 2. 3.5oz Acadian perique. Some Sutliff bulk. Dark obsession 4oz. Pumpkin spice 4oz. Vanilla custard 4oz. Queen Anne's revenge. Glad I only ordered 1oz. Nightcap match 1oz. =on here black xx, Pembroke, and so to bed= these were various orders done in the last month and a half though.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I called smokingpipes.com to order some pirate kake which they had on sale for $40 for a 16 ounce bag. Then they told me the sale was over and i would better be better off waiting for their Black Friday sale, which I'm assuming will be the same price, I don't understand retail sales mentality. When you have somebody on the phone that's interested in buying something why don't you sell it to them?

Smoking In The Fast Lane

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
California
I called smokingpipes.com to order some pirate kake which they had on sale for $40 for a 16 ounce bag. Then they told me the sale was over and i would better be better off waiting for their Black Friday sale, which I'm assuming will be the same price, I don't understand retail sales mentality. When you have somebody on the phone that's interested in buying something why don't you sell it to them?
Thanks for the Black Friday reminder, here's to hoping for something better than the 15-23% discounts we've seen in other recent sales. Anyone recall worthwhile Black Friday sales from past years?

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Today's mail delivery!! I ❤ USPS, God bless them..I hope they are able to sustain!

• 8 oz Watch City's "Nor'easter" (Bulk by the Ounce)

• 8 Watch City's "Flake #558" (Bulk by the Ounce)

3 × Samuel Gawith "Grousemoor" 50g Tin

Gawith & Hoggarth "Happy (Brown) Bogie" Bulk Unsliced

3 × Gawith Hoggarth & Co. "Happy (Brown) Bogie" Bulk by the Ounce

But let me tell you...that brown bogie, smells awful, like "gasoline , dog poop, and liquid smoke"... I am not sure I have the courage in my pantalones to try it, yet. It's WAY outside my box of va/pers! And they call it "happy?!" I almost feel like I am about to get punked, when I go to smoke it. I will set some out for drying, anyone have any suggestions of dry time? I am afraid it will melt the tray it's on, I will put it on top of a mylar bag just in case, the stench is that strong!

I will eat a sumo breakfast tomorrow to stop from falling off the earth!

thanks..for the help and suggestions!

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Today's mail delivery!! I ❤ USPS, God bless them..I hope they are able to sustain!

But let me tell you...that brown bogie, smells awful, like "gasoline , dog poop, and liquid smoke"... I am not sure I have the courage in my pantalones to try it, yet. It's WAY outside my box of va/pers! And they call it "happy?!" I almost feel like I am about to get punked, when I go to smoke it. I will set some out for drying, anyone have any suggestions of dry time? I am afraid it will melt the tray it's on, I will put it on top of a mylar bag just in case, the stench is that strong!

Just a follow up.. thumbs up on the Happiest Bogie..not even close to tasting like the tin note. !

LOL! On the "Happy" Brown Bogie, I called them and asked them to check their stock about 10 days ago because the interwebs said it was in stock but wouldn't let me buy any. The guy went into their storage and said he found some and weighed it. It weighed in at "a little over" 12 ounces. I took 9 (to get the 50 cent per oz. discount :) ) and you got the other 3 LOL! Now they really are out of stock!

I love it! It's great for a change up!

Enjoy!

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
LOL! On the "Happy" Brown Bogie, I called them and asked them to check their stock about 10 days ago because the interwebs said it was in stock but wouldn't let me buy any. The guy went into their storage and said he found some and weighed it. It weighed in at "a little over" 12 ounces. I took 9 (to get the 50 cent per oz. discount :) ) and you got the other 3 LOL! Now they really are out of stock!

I love it! It's great for a change up!

Enjoy!
It's sure a change...but a good one. I was a bit afraid from reading through the reviews, so I started with a quarter bowl and it was manageable. Yeah I guess I got the others 3 oz...is it different from the tin version of brown #4? That one looks thicker?

Status
Not open for further replies.