PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just think how quickly you can get a virgin meer to colour if you were to smoke one exclusively 😉
I've thought about that before. I do prefer briars, though.

Here's a story for you. I used to know a fella who smoked about 14-15 bowls a day. He'd buy an average size meer, and smoke it exclusively. After about eight months or so, he'd go back to the pipe shop, and buy a new meer. The old one would be so brown that it looked like wood. First time I saw that, I actually thought he had a briar pipe.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I've thought about that before. I do prefer briars, though.

Here's a story for you. I used to know a fella who smoked about 14-15 bowls a day. He'd buy an average size meer, and smoke it exclusively. After about eight months or so, he'd go back to the pipe shop, and buy a new meer. The old one would be so brown that it looked like wood. First time I saw that, I actually thought he had a briar pipe.
One of the reasons I’ve not bought a virgin Turkish meer, even though I’ve been sorely tempted
At my current rate of smoking, it’d take me 2 lifetimes to get one coloured well 😂

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Such a lovely set. I need to keep my eyes out for two-pipe sets as I’ve got a dear friend who started smoking pipes. It would be great to have a set that I could share.

Reactions: OzPiper