Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I commissioned this pipe from Dave back in December. Decided I wanted my collecting to go in a certain direction. This is one result. I've bought a few estate pipes from Dave in the past and after looking at his own work, decided I wanted to have him carve me one. Here is a link to the pipe he made for me. So, first off Dave is a really great guy, honest, friendly and I found from personal experience in purchasing a few estates, really great to deal with. One of the things I appreciate the most from Dave is that he is a straight shooter and won't pull any punches if you ask him questions and for advice. Here are a few pics I took. I'm still wondering what to christen it with. It is a bent Dublin with awesome grain, a Cumberland stem and spalted maple insert. And a really great price. I know this will be one of several I know will be in my collection from him. Take a look at the picture of the air hole cut. I don't think it can get any better than that.
http://mkelaw-pipes.com/html/m0168.html

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
That's one sharp lookin' pipe! An excellent rendition of a bent Dublin, and the maple is a nice touch, too. Initially I thought it was zebrawood!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a great looking pipe Chris. Bet she's a real good smoker too. :puffy:

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you for the kind comments. I think I will break it in with a bowl of McClelland 3 Oaks.

Jan 8, 2013
Beautiful pipe. Wonderful thing about having a pipe made for you... with any other pipe, it's a pipe made for anyone. Commissions are made for you and nobody else. It is truly YOUR pipe. Enjoy the heck out of it!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Very fine! Interesting that the wood at the bottom of the chamber shows up lighter than the sides. Possibly that's a function of receiving direct light in the photo where the sides are lit at an angle. How does it appear to the naked eye?

Very cool!! I love Mike Law's website. I am always keeping an eye on those Neeb pipes, and I have been eyeballing that one myself. Nice score! You pulled the trigger before I got the cash together. Rats!

Here are some more pictures of your pipe also, http://www.mkelaw-pipes.com/html/m0168.html

That grain is a beaut. Enjoy!!

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks guys for all the very kind comments. You can't imagine how good it makes me feel about myself as a craftsman and a pipe seller. I really appreciate it. I just finished two more pipes that I've been working on along with Shinkano's. You can see them here.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.