PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Mail carrier walked up with a bulky envelope and I instantly knew what it was. A while back I was PMed and asked if I wanted a sample of Billy Budd. Of course I do. I thought it would be like a half ounce, you know, enough to get a good idea of the flavor and whatnot. I'm thinking there's more than 3 ounces. It fills well over half of a quart mason jar, and it is DELICIOUS !! Within a half hour I'd packed a bowl and stepped out on the porch. All I can say is it's like smoking barbecued beef and it has made me ravenously hungry! Hardwood smoke is all I can tease out of it cause I'm puffing away like mad on this stuff. I'll try to slow down and get some nuance, but this is a fantastic full flavored blend, and I'm off to smoke some more. The generous benefactor that mailed it to me shall remain nameless, as we didn't discuss whether he wanted to remain incognito. I love this stuff and will always remember who turned me on to it. But, I hope he takes a bow. :)
hpim4341-600x447.jpg

hpim4345-600x447.jpg

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I love Billy Budd and always keep some on hand. I've smoked a lot of cigar blends, but Billy Budd beats out all of them. Great as a first blend of the day with coffee. Hats off to whoever turned you on to this blend and I'm sure you'll be buying more.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
The generosity of this forum brings back a little of my faith in humanity, so to speak.
I was initially lured away from cigars by pipe tobacco. I wasn't an aficionado by any means, but perhaps sometime soon I'll venture back into cigar leaf territory, and when I do, it'll probably be with Billy Budd. I have it on my "to try" list under cigar leaf blends. Thanks for letting us in on your impressions of the blend!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, that cigar leaf really shows off in Billy Budd. It doesn't taste like a cigar to me, but just like a very good flavoring tobacco for a pipe blend. I can pick it out better now that I have smoked CD's cigar leaf blending tobacco, which is good to mix or smoke on its own. Billy Budd is in my rotation.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
C&D Billy Budd is one of my favorite tobacco blends. Not a week goes by that I don't have a couple bowls of it. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.