PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TravB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 6, 2022
Texas
From Georgia. I have decided on my sixtieth birthday this March to begin smoking pipe as Newcombe calls it, "Intellectual smoker." Totally nervous but the art fits my creative, rebel side. Yet I feel I've already begun by doing some heavy reading and studying. Taking it slow and making it my Zen. Wish me luck. I expect all the mistakes as I mater the art, though I think will be a student for the rest of my life. Pleasure to meet you all.
Welcome from Texas!

charriga

Lurker
Feb 27, 2023
Thank you all so much for your kind presence. I DID IT! I must admit. I just practiced charring and took a few puffs. I was NERVOUS that it took me a minute to remember the Zen. But I felt so liberated. Almost drew a tear or two. I plan to move slow. But must admit I want a new pipe. Like a kid, am I not? Thank you all again.
🤣 I‘ve been justifying new pipes as spending my cigarette budget so I won’t be tempted to buy cigarettes. I think I have enough for rotation now. Next I need to figure out tobacco—there are so many options.

kqdog

Lurker
Feb 25, 2023
Georgia
🤣 I‘ve been justifying new pipes as spending my cigarette budget so I won’t be tempted to buy cigarettes. I think I have enough for rotation now. Next I need to figure out tobacco—there are so many options.
Hi Charriga. I love your juggling act. I have slowly been collecting a few pipes as well. I decided to get a Chacom from France and just now got a Vauen from Germany. Just a personal preference of mine. I totally get it about tobacco options. There are lots of great minds on this forum to speak on this. I, myself, have looked for blends that have less nicotine. What I've learned--and I could be wrong--is orientals, Latakia, and Virginia seem to be the go to. I just bought Plum Pudding from Pipes and Cigars. Stay well and proud of your switch.

Reactions: charriga