SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sep 19, 2019
I've taken to straight(ish) Virginias recently, in a clay pipe. The mellow sweetness of such blends is enjoyable but nondescript, I've found. Union Square and Marlin Flake have made their rounds recently.

Also, if you like Lakelands, I enjoy those too. They make my library smell nice

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I like something simple that you can just light and forget about and that won't go out easily. Sutliff 507-C, Chatham Manor, Edgeworth Match, or an aromatic such as Solani Festival, Comoy's Portwood, or even 1-Q usually does the job.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Rarely if ever seated when smoking unless I'm driving so I would have to go with whatever tobacco I was in the mood for at the given moment.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
Basically anything other than a Virginia flake. For some reason that requires more attention. Or maybe I'm just paying more attention ...

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I think a good reading blend would be something not to complex and your well acquainted with. I'm pretty fast distracted, so I wouldn't smoke a first time blend or anything I know will be complex while doing anything else than smoking. But I hardly do anything else than smoking while smoking, I might take a stroll, that's it.