PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
I have a pipe that the stem doesn't fit flush into. It doesn't affect the smoke or anything but just sort of bugs me. I've tried cleaning it out and screwing it in all different ways. the thing is I don't ever remember this stem being flush.
Also lately I have been really digging natural finished pipes as opposed to stained. I know I can sand off the stain but I figure that would add to the stem not fitting correctly.
So I got to thinking about having someone re-stem and refinish the pipe. If I had any experience in that field I would try to take it on. Also this pipe was a gift from my brother so I would like to do something nice with it.
Is there anybody who does this sort of work for a decent price or am I better off just buying a new pipe with the money?
20120203_233253.jpg

20120203_233333.jpg

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
I guess the question is not "does anyone do this" i know they do, I guess I just meant does anyone do it for a good price :)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Walker Briarworks can make you a nice, C-logo stem for a reasonable cost.

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/pipe_repairs.html

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
Hey mods.
Just realized this might be seen as advetizing another's business or something . If this thread is against the rules please delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.