PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Road To Pines

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2020
Ontario, Canada
My office is 10ftx10ft and I bought the one that covers 815sq ft. It clears all the odor out overnight. I run it on turbo when I'm smoking and then cut it back to medium when the odor sensor light goes blue. By the next morning the odor is gone. I have 3 kids and a wife who can't stand smoke, so far no complaints.
That's encouraging. More testing necessary here.

BTW, do you use any other kind of exhaust, like a fan in the window?

Enjoy your nice, comfortable, sheltered, family-friendly smokes!

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
We've had one in our 800sf condo for about four years now. We selected the filter pack for allergies primarily, then odors. We've replaced the pack once so far.

We like the unit a lot for keeping the air in our home fresher and less irritating to our sinuses. I've only used it to "eat" pipe smoke a couple of times when my wife was away for a week. In a space this size, it took a few days for the tobacco smell to fully dissapate although it dealt well with the volume of smoke during. In a smaller, more isolated room, I have no doubt it would work faster.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
You're just blowing conditioned (i.e. heated, cooled, filtered, whatever) air outside and causing your conditioning system to work harder to make more.

It's simpler and cheaper up front, but you're taxing the rest of the house and its attendant resources.
There is a heat vent but no return air vent as it’s in the basement. So slightly as you describe but not really. Do you have an air filter next to your shower or a vent in the ceiling?

there is no way a filter is equivalent to actually removing the smoke outside.

Reactions: kurtbob

labrax

Lurker
Jul 12, 2017
Central Massachusetts
I just bought a Levoit Core 300 air purifier for the 8' x 8' office I am in most of the time during the week. Cold here in MA and figured it will keep my youngest from complaining about the smell. I also occasionally run a ozone generating deoderizer that leaves a slightly artificial post-rainstorm type of smell and that seems to work ok. Smoking Haunted Bookshop.Big N Burley and latakia-heavy blends here and they tend to stick around. Hopefully this new one - rated for smaller spaces will help out with the continued occasional use of the ozone deoderizer.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Awesome that it’s working out! Smoking outside when it’s cold SUCKS. I live here in Georgia about an hour and 20 from Jacksonville Fl. It still gets down into the 20’s sometimes. Every winter my wife says “we need to move more souther” (she’s from eastern Kentucky)cray
Off topic, you said that you are a USAF vet? What did you do while in?
You live anywhere close to Yulee?