PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
You can go to extremes with impossible schemes.
You can laugh when your dreams fall apart at the seams.
And life gets more exciting with each passing day.
And love is either in your heart, or on it's way.

Don't you know that it's worth every treasure on earth
To be young at heart.

~ Carolyn Leigh

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
“There is something about saying, 'We always do this,' which helps keep the years together. Time is such an elusive thing that if we keep on meaning to do something interesting, but never do it, year would follow year with no special thoughtfulness being expressed in making gifts, surprises, charming table settings, and familiar, favorite food. Tradition is a good gift intended to guard the best gifts.” Edith Schaeffer

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Said by me of Felix Zollicoffer upon mistakenly shot and killed upon riding into a Union camp. "oh shit"!!!
Zollicoffer Park marks the site of the fiercest fighting in the Battle of Mill Springs. The park is named for Confederate Gen. Felix K. Zollicoffer. It was here that Zollicoffer rode forward to speak with what he mistakenly thought were his own troops. As a result of his mistake, Zollicoffer was shot and killed.

H

Hfinn

“Until you achieve happiness, your dreams are shared by everyone. But fate lifted you up, and your well-wisher is you alone.“

"The dignity of a man is decided by his approach to the matter, and not by completion.“

“Empty youth is a disaster.”

“He who shouts in anger is harmless. Fear the one who is silent in anger.“

"Modesty that comes from weakness is not virtue."

“Be reasonable, strengthen your spirit in the struggle, only the mediocre submits to fate.”

“If it were my power, I would cut out the tongue of anyone who claims that a person is incorrigible.“

“The most beautiful thoughts grow dim when they pass through human lips.”

“A bad friend is like a shadow. When the sun is shining, you can't run away from it; clouds will gather over your head - you will not find him.“

“Man is a child of his time. If he is bad, his contemporaries are to blame.”

“Who poisoned Socrates, burned Joan of Arc, crucified Christ, buried Mohammed in camel remains? Crowd. So the crowd has no mind. Manage to direct her to the path of truth."

"One of the reasons people are addicted to the vicious is idleness. If he cultivated the land, was engaged in trade, how could he lead an idle life?"

By Abay Qunanbaiuly (1845-1904)​

SmokeRings79

Can't Leave
Oct 23, 2021
Israel
"...when they used to tell me I would shorten my life ten years by smoking, they little knew the devotee they were wasting their puerile word upon -- they little knew how trivial and valueless I would regard a decade that had no smoking in it!"

"As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake"

Mark Twain

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
If a man finds it within himself to live without others, he can live walled up and quiet for a long time. But then, he may make the next discovery, or life makes it upon him—that he cannot—and he grows a rage for connection, communication, personal fact, knowledge of the company he was born to.
Fathers by Herbert Gold

Reactions: gamzultovah

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
LORD. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. the courage. to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off. Author unk

Reactions: gamzultovah