Questions About Synjeco

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I'm sorry that I can't help you make it work for you. But, I am always confused when using addresses from other countries. When someone gives me an address out of the country, I try to get them to give me the exact way the address should read, along with an explanation of what each line of the address means. This way iof the postal person has questions as to what each thing is, I can better explain.

Some addresses are like...

Joe Schmoe
23 SDhr
Maybe a city Name, Country 1234567879900898867-222

And, the Postmaster and I just stand there looking at it like idiots... no knowing what to do with it.

I imagine postal folks in other countries have a hard time also.

pauls456

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2020
Tucson, Arizona
Daniel is in the process of refunding my payment. He doesn't want to try to resend it. He is wondering why it works sometimes but not other times, which I think is a very reasonable question. Reading between the lines I doubt that he is going to be shipping the the US for the time being, but I don't know that for sure.

Reactions: ofafeather

Irish Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2022
Munich, Germany
I'm sorry that I can't help you make it work for you. But, I am always confused when using addresses from other countries. When someone gives me an address out of the country, I try to get them to give me the exact way the address should read, along with an explanation of what each line of the address means. This way iof the postal person has questions as to what each thing is, I can better explain.

Some addresses are like...

Joe Schmoe
23 SDhr
Maybe a city Name, Country 1234567879900898867-222

And, the Postmaster and I just stand there looking at it like idiots... no knowing what to do with it.

I imagine postal folks in other countries have a hard time also.
In Germany we do our addresses like this:

John Doe
Main Street 25
90210 Munich
Germany

So the street number is after the name and the post code comes before the City name. Since everything is done electronically these days this can cause confusion, especially if you enter everything in an online form. I think the Germans are quite used to interpreting screw ups because I've never had a problem getting stuff from my parents who can never remember how to write my address. ?

Irish Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2022
Munich, Germany
Its a good point, I'll ask Daniel if he might want to try again.
I think the addresses in Switzerland are written similarly to German ones.

This thread has convinced me to give these guys a try. They have a lot of tobacco that you can't get here, like the GL Pease stuff. I was also reluctant because of the late 90's website design ?

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I think the addresses in Switzerland are written similarly to German ones.
Any country other than the US :)

Mr X
Street Y number Z
Town
Postcode
Country

Somehow all US addresses seem very complex:

Mr X
167832-hg ave CT
US

it’s a massive country, far more complex post network so it makes sense.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Well no. British, and their colonies, have the street number before the name.
True, I’d forgotten since it’s more than a decade since i lived in the UK, though street name first makes more sense since a street may have tens or hundreds of numbers.

Then again our friends in the US put the month number first which changes 30 times slower than the date… very confusing for me to read 3/7/22 written by an American since i read this as 3rd of July while they meant 10 days ago :P

Skapie

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2017
NSW, Australia
I lived in South Africa, where, if you wrote the address in English you started with the street number, but it you wrote it in Afrikaans you started with the street name.

Eventually the English method took over, and then the postal service all but collapsed so I doubt it’s an issue anymore.

But thankfully I’ve always written the date as DD/MM/YY!

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Has anyone in the US had recent success in ordering from Synjeco? I can’t seem to get in touch with them by phone, email or fax. I sent in an order request online then tried to call and fax payment info to no avail. A few emails I sent went unanswered. Any thoughts?

pauls456

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2020
Tucson, Arizona
Just some followup on my Synjeco debacle. For several months now Daniel and Synjeco have stopped responding to my emails. No refund, no tobacco, no communication. I tried my absolute best to make this work in some way that was fair and cordial, but to no avail. Complete waste of time, effort, and money. Buyer beware.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Similar question about a different company.
I came across a website based in Akron Ohio that advertises prices that are unbelievably good for bulk tobaccos.
As in, too good to be true.
I've passed for now and ordered elsewhere but am still curious if I stumbled across a "gem" or a fraud?
Hesitant to just throw the name out there...