Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can't bash on all aromatics, nor OTCs. Dammit, we have to bash on something; otherwise, how will we know that we are superior.

Paladin and Borkum Riff, it's ok to hate these... And, Mixture 79... if anyone wants to defend these as being quality pipe tobacco, then... go ahead,.. but I'll laugh at you.
Smoke what you like; like what you smoke.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yeah cosmic, watch your tongue with the "Good tobacco" comments. I still haven't stopped moping around since your last one... :crying:

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
All of them are premium and use quality leaf, just read the package. lol
PA even comes in a "luxury pouch". Wish they would make a tin run again for old time sake.
Don't let the hip get ya, try a little of everything.
Just look at the reviews, its all subjective. How else can you have people giving five stars and others one or below. Not everybody likes pork & beans, but somebody must, they sure make a lot of them...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A while back, I ordered three pouches of what I would think of as OTC's. They were Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, Erin Go Braugh, and John Bull English. I was pleased with all of them and have kept them in rotation. I also regularly smoke Chestnut tub tobacco from PC, a Russ O. blend. Other OTC's, or revivals of them, have proved fine smokes.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
Every morning I start my day off with with either Carter Hall or Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic while driving to work. They are no fuss, load-and-go OTC blends that are just fine for an early morning smoke. once lunchtime or dinner rolls around though, I go for higher quality blends.

samugeki123

Lurker
Nov 26, 2017
I personally don't care for thr taste of Carter hall, but I enjoy Prince Albert, but in time that could easily change. As it has been said in many of the forums on here, your tastes will change with time.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Anything you have to get at a specialized tobacconist (versus a regular drug store, convenience store, grocery store or cigarette shop) or online via mail order.

Status
Not open for further replies.