SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
At that pointnid just recommend no one get into pipe smoking. What's the fun of just smoking a whole leaf? Canada sounds like a nightmare though. Virginia seems comparatively like paradise
You do get to choose your own cut, sometimes I feel like I would have been better off investing in a leaf shredder instead of buying tins.

Reactions: Elric

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
Yep and most of those cigs ended up in the hands of us high school kids... probably making matters even worse.
Government is dumb and trying to control alcohol and tobacco is just playing whack a mole.

Reactions: Elric and Deano

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Today's legislation raises the tax on a carton of cigarettes by $37.80, bringing the total carton cost to more than $130. The news report did not say if other forms of tobacco would be affected. Time to expand your cellars, gentlemen and ladies. As I read in some post on here, "Tobacco prices will never again be this low."
I keep track of the various provincial budgets year to year. Here’s a snapshot of the changes across Canada in 2024:

IMG_2548.png

BrightDarkEyes

Can't Leave
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
If customs stops the package, it doesn't matter where the order came from, the duties are the same.
The duties might be the same but the taxes apply to the cost of shipping and the price of the product ordered, so a higher cost results in a bigger bill. I order from smokingpipes.com and pay the cheapest shipping. It takes two weeks to a month for me to receive my order. As I’ve said before, I don’t need to pay more money in both shipping and taxes get something faster.

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
To the Aussies and Kiwis: are visitors allowed to bring tobacco with them when visiting your countries? And if so, are the visitors allowed to mail tobaccos to citizens within that country?

Just want to be prepared if I ever make it to one of your countries.
Mate if you make it to Oz you will be strip searched and then the man with fingers the size of thick butchers sausages will come at you for the cavity search. Just jokes……..well maybe a little truth 🤔…..ok ok it’s possible.
If you ever make it down under let me know and I’ll organise a travel pack for you, much easier and it will mean you can sit comfortably for the rest of your visit.

Cubatogo

Lurker
Feb 10, 2023
The duties might be the same but the taxes apply to the cost of shipping and the price of the product ordered, so a higher cost results in a bigger bill. I order from smokingpipes.com and pay the cheapest shipping. It takes two weeks to a month for me to receive my order. As I’ve said before, I don’t need to pay more money in both shipping and taxes get something faster.
I agree, use the cheapest shipping method and be patient. In fact, I’m still getting about 1 order out of 3 coming through without duty. Finding by keeping the order small seems to increase the chances of it coming duty free…

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Mate if you make it to Oz you will be strip searched and then the man with fingers the size of thick butchers sausages will come at you for the cavity search. Just jokes……..well maybe a little truth 🤔…..ok ok it’s possible.
If you ever make it down under let me know and I’ll organise a travel pack for you, much easier and it will mean you can sit comfortably for the rest of your visit.
If I make it there I want to bring as much tobacco as I can to send to you guys on the forum 😁

• Love
Reactions: VDL_Piper

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
No, the tax was levied by the people, for the people. Canadians voted and made it happen. They are not victims, but rather willing participants.
^^^^THIS^^^^

...and you can simply substitute the name of any other country in there; the principle is exactly the same. I get a hearty laugh over the "it can't happen here" dupes.

It's all self-inflicted punishment. Like Borkum Riff in a Bo Nordh.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
They still count votes in Canada?

I don't know about Canada, but they do in the good ol' USA!

That's why we have proprietary voting machines run by private companies that can't be audited...because the PEOPLE are in charge here!!!

HTB1uw3ZIFXXXXcfXpXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
English speaking countries worldwide are developing and honing their Big Brother skills on low-hanging fruit like tobacco.

Wales, Ireland, Englandia, Oz, KiwiLand, and Canadisia are past the point of no return, with the USA trying hard to catch up.

This guy is so happy ----

Screen Shot 2024-06-13 at 5.41.37 PM.png