PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Remember asbestos brake pads? How many of us changed them back in those days? Blew out the dust with compressed air? How much did we breath in on the road with cars all around us hitting the brakes? It's a miracle we're alive.
like a lot of bad things (like lead) it takes a certain threshold in the body before things really start happening. But oh when they do it's super bad. And bad news it can take a really long time for asbestos to get you even it you have had enough of it in your system to cause problems.

Reactions: FurCoat

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
like a lot of bad things (like lead) it takes a certain threshold in the body before things really start happening. But oh when they do it's super bad. And bad news it can take a really long time for asbestos to get you even it you have had enough of it in your system to cause problems.
So true. As a teenager l didn't know the implications of handling those materials and quite frankly nobody knew at that time. Now that I know it worries me.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I've got one The Pipe that I use as only as a taster, since you can wash them out and they don't hold flavors. You can even run them in the dishwasher! You can get them for only a few dollars, but one is enough though...