Putting Together A Pipe Restoration Kit. What Are Some Recommended Tools I’ll Need?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2019
If you pay attention to rebornpipes.com, you'll see that he frequently uses a product called "Before and After Restoration Balm" that's supposed to do wonders to the quality of the briar (and supposedly the stem as well). I haven't tried it yet, but I just ordered some. It's a little pricey but the rebornpipes guy uses them on just about every pipe he finishes, so I figure its worth the investment. You can buy it here.

From RebornPipes:

"After putting the Restoration Balm through a workout on a variety of finishes and stem materials for the past two months I am pleased with the product. It does bring the dirt to the surface of the briar making it easy to clean out the deep grooves. It also does a great job rejuvenating the briar and the stem materials. I recommend the product with no reservations. There are no other products like it that I am aware of so it has its own niche. It is non-toxic and does not damage the finish on the briar or the stamping or logos on the stems. It has given me something different to use on those heavily rusticated and sandblast bowls. It works well on the surface of plateau briar. I would not say that it has saved me any time as it is an additional step to my restoration process. I think that it is worth the investment I made in it so I will continue to use it. I will keep a jar on hand in my tool box of polishes and waxes as it has found a place there that is unique. Thanks Mark for taking the time to develop these products. They fill a niche that nothing else comes close to. "

More information on the product and how rebornpipes uses it can be found here.

Reactions: diamondback

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
If you pay attention to rebornpipes.com, you'll see that he frequently uses a product called "Before and After Restoration Balm" that's supposed to do wonders to the quality of the briar (and supposedly the stem as well). I haven't tried it yet, but I just ordered some. It's a little pricey but the rebornpipes guy uses them on just about every pipe he finishes, so I figure its worth the investment. You can buy it here.

From RebornPipes:

"After putting the Restoration Balm through a workout on a variety of finishes and stem materials for the past two months I am pleased with the product. It does bring the dirt to the surface of the briar making it easy to clean out the deep grooves. It also does a great job rejuvenating the briar and the stem materials. I recommend the product with no reservations. There are no other products like it that I am aware of so it has its own niche. It is non-toxic and does not damage the finish on the briar or the stamping or logos on the stems. It has given me something different to use on those heavily rusticated and sandblast bowls. It works well on the surface of plateau briar. I would not say that it has saved me any time as it is an additional step to my restoration process. I think that it is worth the investment I made in it so I will continue to use it. I will keep a jar on hand in my tool box of polishes and waxes as it has found a place there that is unique. Thanks Mark for taking the time to develop these products. They fill a niche that nothing else comes close to. "

More information on the product and how rebornpipes uses it can be found here.
SNAKE OIL CAN STILL BE SOLD

Sep 19, 2019
I'm a little skeptical of the "balm" myself, but Steve seems to like it.
I'd be more skeptical of it myself but its so lowkey. There's not a lot of hype around it (its on an obscure fountain pen website) except for that one blog. I'm gonna give it a shot.

Reactions: jhowell
Status
Not open for further replies.