Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LiamClanNastey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
England
Hi
Does anyone in the U.K. know where I can buy pure Perique tobacco please? I know Gawith produces some but everyone seems to be out of stock for any brand.

I’ve found a place in Germany but it will cost 50€

Auxsender

Lifer
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Hi
Does anyone in the U.K. know where I can buy pure Perique tobacco please? I know Gawith produces some but everyone seems to be out of stock for any brand.

I’ve found a place in Germany but it will cost 50€
Is that place in Germany Esterval’s? I know they currently have both Robert McConnell and Torben Dansk straight Perique.

Lees65GTO

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2022
Texas
"Whole Leaf Tobacco" here in the US shows they have pure whole leaf Perique in stock ($19.99 USD for half pound and $37.99 for one pound). I'm not sure what shipping, duty and tax would be going to the UK. Whole Leaf sends the International Harmonized tariff code with each order, but they do not guarantee your customs department will honor it. I do not know what the UKs' policy is regarding importing unprocessed whole leaf tobacco. You can check to see if it is worth the cost for pure Perique. Good luck.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

LiamClanNastey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
England
"Whole Leaf Tobacco" here in the US shows they have pure whole leaf Perique in stock ($19.99 USD for half pound and $37.99 for one pound). I'm not sure what shipping, duty and tax would be going to the UK. Whole Leaf sends the International Harmonized tariff code with each order, but they do not guarantee your customs department will honor it. I do not know what the UKs' policy is regarding importing unprocessed whole leaf tobacco. You can check to see if it is worth the cost for pure Perique. Good luck.
Thanks for that. Really interesting. I’ll see what happens with this order and then maybe give it a go.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Try ringing up a few of the smaller tobacconist shops, those who aren’t online. They’ve always got jars of blending tobaccos on the shelves.

Reactions: LiamClanNastey