PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbeaburleyman

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2013
Central California
Hi All! Hope your year is starting great!!
I'm interested in purchasing my first meer (not Missouri!). I'm sure there's a big difference in qualities of the various companies that make them.
Who do you purchase meerschaum pipes from? What brands are reputable? Who do you trust?

cbaum02

Lurker
Dec 4, 2016
Check out Altonik. I do not have one but have been told they are good pipes for a fairly decent price.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
IMP (no longer in production), WGM, and AKB are my go tos. Altinok and Smoking Pipes are where I buy them.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I just bought my first one, it is nothing fancy.

I will not be of much help, I bought mine local.
Good luck in your search. There is a special section of the forum just about meer...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My IMP bent apple.
img_20160825_125856-337x600.jpg

My AKB claw.
img_20150216_134421-600x450.jpg

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
There are multiple distributors that have been around for years that sell quality meerschaum pipes by numerous independent carvers and companies. If you go out to Pipedia's website, under brands/makers then under Turkey you'll find a large list of companies and carvers.
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_Brands_/_Makers#Turkey
I've got 2 Peterson meers, a Tekin Uzkesici meer, a Strambach meer, and 3 with unknown carvers. They all smoke great. I can't say one is any better than another.

I would suggest a Fikri Baki if you are looking at premium meers. (googling Fikri Baki Pipes will give you his distributor's website. They are based in Florida), if you can wait a year or two I may also suggest Butera Bekler Meers as well, a tad expensive but worth it.
Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.