PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
This is an odd request, but im at my wits end trying to purchase an Altinay pipe using Western Union. If any kind soul would like to walk me through this process via PMs, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
He actually has a pipe set aside for me, but the frustration of trying to get him money is making me lose what little hair i have left
I've got an import from Russia that's been hung up in customs for a month. I won't be importing again any time soon. A recent order from Turkey was similarly delayed.

• Wow
Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

isaac

Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
Heck, ill just throw this up here...see if anyone has a solution.

SO I want to pay using my Western Union account on my computer, since i cant seem to pay via CC. I kept getting multiple rejections and the bank said it was on Altinay's end. Of course he said it was my bank.

So i am going the Western Union route, and he had stated to use the name option. Now I dont see that, and paying requires an IBAN. He says that if i need the IBAN, im using the wreong option. I dont want to go to the WU store, as its an extra $50. Im sure someone has encountered this issue in the past

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Heck, ill just throw this up here...see if anyone has a solution.

SO I want to pay using my Western Union account on my computer, since i cant seem to pay via CC. I kept getting multiple rejections and the bank said it was on Altinay's end. Of course he said it was my bank.

So i am going the Western Union route, and he had stated to use the name option. Now I dont see that, and paying requires an IBAN. He says that if i need the IBAN, im using the wreong option. I dont want to go to the WU store, as its an extra $50. Im sure someone has encountered this issue in the past
Have you tried a prepaid debit card?

EA-6B

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
The juice probably ain't worth the squeeze to go through all of that. Find one elsewhere already in the states - if you have to have one. FWIW I've had two brand-new, & one was good with no issues, but one had some minor issues due to lack of fit & finish. I bought them from Europe & it was still a pain in the ass, & I wouldn't bother to do it again.

isaac

Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
The juice probably ain't worth the squeeze to go through all of that. Find one elsewhere already in the states - if you have to have one. FWIW I've had two brand-new, & one was good with no issues, but one had some minor issues due to lack of fit & finish. I bought them from Europe & it was still a pain in the ass, & I wouldn't bother to do it again.
It’s getting to that point

isaac

Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
Well just an update for whoever might be doing the same thing and a bit of closure

So WU is not allowing the cash option to Turkey at this time. I discussed this with Altinay who allowed the IBAN use with WU.

Thank you all for your help!!