Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2021
England
Not taking shots at you, but you see right there why poo-litical (in)correctness has become so successful as a tool to implement tyranny: nobody wants to be "unfriendly" or "divisive".

We can't all be friends. That's a fact and it's the way it is. At best we can try to be civil, but civility does not equal forsaking of truth in order to get along.
I know you weren't taking shots at me, no worries there.
If more people had an understanding of what you said in your last paragraph, we could all just be normal, without any need for terms like political correctness.

Reactions: olkofri

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
I am a liberal in the older sense of the word: I believe in the right of free speech, including and especially when I and others may find the speech in question offensive and wrong. That said, I believe there were pressures to speak in line with the prevailing politics of the time—and penalties for failing to do so—-long before “political correctness “ became a popular term. The politics have changed. What is considered correct—and not—has changed. This I think is often the issue. Is it public enemy number one? I think it certainly can be in some instances and extremes

Reactions: JOHN72

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
I get annoyed by PC as a label. Some of it is clearly nonsense & folk can be a bit thin skinned, but mainly its just about being polite.

If you don't have a problem with being corrected over a woman's marital status I really can't see what most of the fuss is about.

smokeymo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2020
AZ
Growing up I had more fights than I can remember if someone called me a kike. My first fight where I really did damage to this punk was in 4th grade. It finally stopped when I was a junior is h.s after I beat the shit out of enough guys.

I'll never forget at my new school, a prep school this irish kid was behind me in line and he used the word kike. I turned and fired a shot to his throat and then kicked his knee so bad he couldn't walk for weeks. I never put up with any anti Semitism. and after I gave enough guys a good beating they made sure I was not in listening distance as they knew I would beat their asses real good.

I took a few beatings but it was never one on one. These Irish pricks ran in packs. The Irish hated the jews no matter what school I was at. It wasn't my fault we all became doctors and lawyers and the Irish were Firemen and Cops. We went to the same schools.
:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: pantsBoots
Status
Not open for further replies.