PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I never get tired of looking at these Luxury Bullseye Flake coins. Just received this today.
a604628a-514a-424a-bd29-3bd09aebff1c-600x450.jpg

0c5ff0bd-c6d2-4900-9ed2-3c41c4128b5e-600x409.jpg

:puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Good stuff. I like to roll them into balls, load 'em, and sit back in VaPer bliss.

okiepiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2019
What a coincidence. I received a box of 1.5 lbs today myself along with a 1 lb. Of ODF and a few tons of Rattrays.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have some Luxury Bullseye Flake coins with about 8 years age on them and it is Glorious!!...

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Embers - I agree... this flake is pure heaven!
redone - Mine too. It's probably my most frequently smoke pipe tobacco!
Okie - Great minds think alike!
Weezell - I'm smoking some 3 month old LBF now and I can only imagine what this will be like in 8 years. I plan on buying a box of this every few months and building up a nice big supply. I have a lot of various blends to smoke through that I probably won't resupply when gone. But, this is one that I definitely don't want to run out of. Nor do I want to be crying if for some reason it's not available someday!
Happy piping!

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
I'm sitting on 48 Oz. (two boxes) of LBF. I smoked one bowl out of the box and it was great. Now 8 months into cellaring. Thinking about 2 years before I crack open the rest (can't wait).

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Probably my favourite or number two favourite. It satisfies in so many levels. I have some that it 6 years old,4 years old and 2 years old. About two pounds all combined. I will buy more,

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I had never tried LBF before, but after all the forum talk on this blend a while back I picked up a box of it during one of the sales not too long ago. I jarred almost all of it except a little to try now.
I’ve only had one bowl of it so far but it was enough to tell me that it definitely needs to age. I’m looking forward to trying it again down the road a ways.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I have a question about storage. If I’m not planning on smoking any of this for at least several months, (I have about 6 oz already jarred from a previous purchase) Should I go ahead and get this box into mason jars right away? Or can I leave it in the current packaging?
Thanks for everyone’s comments and advice.
Have a great weekend :puffy:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I love this tobacco too. Just as much as their LNF. Might stock up on some at some point as well, just because it smokes so well and tastes really good. PS tobacco is just done so well.
I would imagine leaving it in the packaging would cause it to dry out at a faster rate than jarring or some other method of preservation. I would think that the bag they came in would be no different than a zip top baggie and those will let the tobacco still dry out a good bit. It would mostly just depend on how you like your tobaccos moisture content.

Mar 29, 2016
PS LBF is just great in a pipe smoking world that's shrinking. SG, GH, J.F.Germain and the offerings of K&K close to unavailable, brands like McClelland and the beaten to death horse that is Dunhill, gone. Thank the Gods of pipe smoking for the tenacious Danes who manage to keep the pipe smoking hobby affordable and varied.
Of course, in the States, there's C&D, G.L.Pease and Sutliff to name a few but a pipe smoker usually goes for a blend rarely for a whole brand and once it's gone, it's like losing and old friend. So stack on PS LBF if it's your favorite and for the other ones, like myself, a pound of this wouldn't hurt while waiting for the tobacco apocalypse.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It will eventually dry out in that packaging, though not in 6 months. I'd jar it up in 8oz jars so that you can let some age while continuing to enjoy it now. This is a blend that I think really benefits from 4 or more years of aging. It's like a totally different blend. New I find it bland and boring, like smoking cardboard. With four years it's one of the best Va/Pers available, a veritable butterfly emerging from a chrysalis.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Great picture, great post, great tobacco. I buy one pound every January and put it away in the cellar. Now I have aged LBF each January to enjoy for the year while the new pound replenishes the current aged jar. Next year, 2020, I will have a 5 year rotation stored up for ongoing duty (started in 2015, so in January 2020 I will open the 2015 supply and replace with a pound from 2020, to be opened 2025).

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
npod, that’s a nice situation to be in!
Sable, thanks for the info. Will definitely get this in the jars. I’d hate to see it deteriorate.
Virginia, I concur. Thank the Gods we can get our hands on this great tobacco.
Carolina, thanks for the storage info.
Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. I will get this jarred up tonight and squirreled away down in the cellar!

Status
Not open for further replies.