PS Bullseye Flake. What a Difference a Year Makes.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Askwith Pipes
9 Fresh Winslow Pipes
2 Fresh Kent Rasmussen Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
LBF is a staple in my rotation, with the caveat that it needs some maturing time. I went from six months to a year, to two years, to four years. I haven't noticed much of a difference between four year and five years of age on it. That being said, for the last five years I've been buying the 1.5lb boxes and packing them in mylar bags. On the outside I label them with where I purchased them, what's in the bag (sealed mylar is pretty tough to see through!) and what date they were sealed up. I just finished a jar from 2018 this week. The next oldest bag I have is from February 2019, so I may or may not open it to refill my pint jars with.

I've tried the same with Comoy's No. 7. Even though it is basically LBF with a topping, the end result is the same. For the price, I can buy a box and seal LBF in a bag instead of paying the extra for the paint cans of No. 7.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I don't have experience with LBF but LNF is a blend that I really enjoy. I liked it straight out of the bag when I first bought it and then made a bigger bulk purchase. I smoked a couple ounces of it and then discovered my love for burley and essentially forgot I had like 6 oz of it jarred up. This past summer I pulled out a jar of it with 3 years of age and had my mind blown by it. I immediately bought another pound and have it jarred up under my bed to be enjoyed several years from now.

Reactions: Peter Turbo