PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Hope I posted this in the proper forum. Those of you that don't know my brand is named for my son Gabriel.

This year he's a freshman at Bethlehem area Liberty High School and a member of the Liberty High School Grenadier Marching band as one of 20 trombone players. The band has been invited to the Pasadena Rose Bowl Parade this year. With less than a month to go the excitment and pride is high. Just wanted to share, UK members may get a charge out of the video. Enjoy!

Proud Dad,

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

video:

http://youtu.be/DfDJeF701IM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDJeF701IM

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Thanks Hobie,

The clip is taken from our yearly meeting with rival Freedom High. In an effort to get the kids into a more friendly type of competition they invited the local middle schools to participate, something I hope they comtiue to do. The pre-game show involed almost 1000 kids from all the bands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlm3rFzDA3U

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I love marching bands and drum and bugle corps. Fine American tradition!

I'm glad to read that your son has chosen music as one of his extracurricular activities. Good for the mind and spirit.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Thanks gents,

He's been involved with music since first grade when he started with piano. Picked up on the trombone in third grade, and he aspires to take it through his higher education looking to make a career of it.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Never have I seen something so proudly British be altered to become something so tragically American - and I loved every moment of it. Never would such a half time spectacle be aloud in Britain or the rest of Europe, far too cynical and grumpy for such forms of happiness. I personally get angry when friends try to compliment me, the trivial so and so's!
Congrats! You certainly have a reason to be proud! :puffy:

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Pipeherman, Thanks, don't know how it all went down years ago, but the band was supposedly given permission to wear the Cold Stream uniforms. Many of the bear hats and I know the belts are hand me downs of your band members when they upgade.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes ps: glad you enjoyed it Teddy

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
That's a fine looking young man, and there's no better of bigger reason to be proud. I'm proud for you.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats to you, and your boy, Dan! Thanks for sharing this with us. We'll keep you eyes peeled for him during the televised version of the parade.
Cheers,
-- Pat

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Good looking guy, and uniform. Enjoy watching him grow. All three of my kids were in band, two of them in marching band. I know how proud you are.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
That's terrific, bluesmk ... I can identify, having four sons, all now adults, who've each accomplished things that have made the old man proud. My greatest achievement is the way they've turned out and the manner in which they are living their lives. The best thing I could wish for you is that your experience will continue to be like mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.