PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
That's one spectacular cross-cut grain pipe. I can see why it was enjoyed thoroughly by the previous owner. Nice restoration and worth the effort IMO.

Enjoy

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Hey Pat,
Great job as always bringing something back from the dead. I agree with Roth that the thickness on that bowl is THIN, to be kind, but as usual the grain just looks fabulous you have to finish it.
Keep up the good work pal.
Dan

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Thanks gents.
I look forward to bringing this one back.
I agree with Roth that the thickness on that bowl is THIN, to be kind
No kidding! I think that I'm going to have to smoke a tub or two of Carter Hall in this thing in order to build back a safety cake. It's going to be a good fishing pipe for sure. Nothing makes for a slow smoke long a canoe, at dusk.
-- Pat

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Now that just sounds like heaven. No canoeing in my general area but can't think of a better way to just let my mind wander. Hey, can you be "lunting" if in a canoe or is there another word for "smoking while paddling"??? :nana:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
To my mind, anything occurring in a canoe which isn't, by definition, "canoeing with purpose" can be considered "lily dipping". Which is a good thing when there is a pipe involved.
http://slang.uoregon.edu/pub_search.lasso?&RecordIDNumber=15860&Process=detail01
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.