PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I heard that the person who originally started Moonshine Pipes (now part of Briarworks) started a new pipe company called Prohibition Pipe Co. I can't seem to find anything about it besides the website (www.prohibitionco.us) which is down.

Anyone know the story of him getting back into pipe making? And is he still actually doing it or is he into a second retirement from carving?

Reactions: kcghost

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
You are correct. He decided to stick with his other Company, Moonshine Rods. He strictly makes fly fishing rods now. He will occasionally make a pipe here and there. If you follow his instagram you'll be able to see the new pipes he creates. They sell out fairly quickly.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Thanks for the info! The pipes on his site look good, very Moonshine-esque (unsurprisingly). I like how they look but I’m pretty happy with the craftsmanship and price of the Briarworks offerings.

Reactions: eljimmy

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Thanks for the info! The pipes on his site look good, very Moonshine-esque (unsurprisingly). I like how they look but I’m pretty happy with the craftsmanship and price of the Briarworks offerings.
You're welcome! Yeah, I really like all my Moonshine/Briarworks pipes as well. I do want to purchase one from him though. Hopefully soon.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I've been meaning to take a pic of the Cannonballs I have. I noticed your signature, did you see the 2 Cannonballs on the Briarworks site?
I did but I’m only interested in the tapered stem. Was hoping they would restock the tapered stems in case there was a Black Friday sale. Thanks for the heads up, though! Are you going to pick one of them up?

Yeah, I’d still love to see your full collection!

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I did but I’m only interested in the tapered stem. Was hoping they would restock the tapered stems in case there was a Black Friday sale. Thanks for the heads up, though! Are you going to pick one of them up?

Yeah, I’d still love to see your full collection!
Ahhhh yes, don't know how I missed it since it says "tapered only" Hahaha! Here's what I have so far.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.47.34 PM.png

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Ahhhh yes, don't know how I missed it since it says "tapered only" Hahaha! Here's what I have so far.

View attachment 109203
Man, that’s amazing! You’ll have to post a group shot of all of them together some time.

What I’m trying to particularly find now is a dark stain with a tortoise stem like this: Moonshine Light Smooth Cannonball | Buy Moonshine Tobacco Pipes at Smokingpipes.com - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/moonshine/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=396096

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
That would look really sharp!
I actually posted the wrong link; this is what I meant to post:

The pipe I originally posted I actually bought but returned. It was really beautiful but looked a little too "glam" for the cannonball shape.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I just saw an ad today on Instagram for Prohibition Pipe Co. I’ve since forgotten about them, after seeing them a few years ago.

I’m really surprised, I don’t recall anyone ever talking about this company, or anyone with one of their pipes.

There’s some really nice looking pipes...

I sent an email to see if Jonathan Lavezzo... hmm 🤔

Last edited:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I checked out the website and everything is sold out. I then followed the instagram link on the site and it led to a dead link.

jakesmokes

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Michigan
I just saw an ad today on Instagram for Prohibition Pipe Co. I’ve since forgotten about them, after seeing them a few years ago.

I’m really surprised, I don’t recall anyone ever talking about this company, or anyone with one of their pipes.

There’s some really nice looking pipes...

I sent an email to see if Jonathan Lavezzo... hmm 🤔
Unfortunately he decided he was done with making pipes. Looks like he sold off everything and is starting a new journey. He made a post about last week. Wanted to get a pipe from him eventually hopefully he will come back some day.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Unfortunately he decided he was done with making pipes. Looks like he sold off everything and is starting a new journey. He made a post about last week. Wanted to get a pipe from him eventually hopefully he will come back some day.

Made a post here?

There was a January 6th 2024 post on Instagram and Facebook hmm... 🤔