PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey517

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
NJ
I have a big plastic tub that I'm saving for that special occasion.Still sealed.The flavor should be greatly enhanced by 3+ years of aging.Also,this is my 1000th post.Could that be counted as a special occasion?I was just wondering.
It's time!

Do it!

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Semois is polarizing. I liked it from puff one, like a single-leaf blend, various levels and vibes. I was given most of a package by a member who said it made him throw up, and others say it's boring. I think if you really like burley, it helps, but it is a burley variant grown in Belgium, so it is somewhat different. I think you decide pretty quickly if you like it. For me, it is great, a definite favorite. If you don't like it, just don't smoke it. I don't think age will improve it for those who find it repugnant. In the package, it does smell like stable sweepings, I'll say that.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I agree @BROBS about Prince Albert, and I actually like codger burleys generally. I've not tried them all, but PA is my least favorite so far. I suppose I'd smoke it if that's all that was available in a pinch, so I don't exactly hate it.

:ROFLMAO: If you substitute CH for PA, then you just described my life
haha ok so it's not just me..
It just isn't great. I mean I won't say it's "bad" but nothing I would ever seek out again.
I just figured a few bucks for a pouch when I was buying a pipe anyways couldn't hurt.
Now I wish I'd just got a couple more OZ of Mixture 79 Bulk.

I did not like Carter Hall but I do need to retry that one as well.

Reactions: lawdawg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Is absolutely horrible!!!

How do you guys smoke this?

bland, nothing there besides an OK room note (oddly enough) and decent nic.

I got another pouch to try as I thought maybe the first one I tried a few years ago was too dry (which it was). Still doesn’t change my opinion on the stuff. SWR or Granger are so much better than this crap! Of course what should you expect from the maker of “Black N Mild”?
??‍♂️?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Is absolutely horrible!!!

How do you guys smoke this?

bland, nothing there besides an OK room note (oddly enough) and decent nic.

I got another pouch to try as I thought maybe the first one I tried a few years ago was too dry (which it was). Still doesn’t change my opinion on the stuff. SWR or Granger are so much better than this crap! Of course what should you expect from the maker of “Black N Mild”?
that one and Captain Black and middleton are the reason I used to think OTC where made out of a special garbage tobacco you know the same one they make bugler out of.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
It has a nice room note, I find it best in a cob. Having said that it is pretty weak in flavor and nic to me so I have not smoked it in awhile. It is an easy smoke for a newcomer though, good starting blend. hard to pack it wrong and it is good to go out of the tub. I have 3 tubs in the cellar and that is enough for me.

Semois the Robin I really enjoyed. The other 2 I did not find very interesting...

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It has a nice room note, I find it best in a cob. Having said that it is pretty weak in flavor and nic to me so I have not smoked it in awhile. It is an easy smoke for a newcomer though, good starting blend. hard to pack it wrong and it is good to go out of the tub. I have 3 tubs in the cellar and that is enough for me.

Semois the Robin I really enjoyed. The other 2 I did not find very interesting...
The nic I could feel but I’m a lightweight. The flavor is just not there. If it tasted like the room note.....

Reactions: rushx9 and Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.