Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Is absolutely horrible!!!

How do you guys smoke this?

bland, nothing there besides an OK room note (oddly enough) and decent nic.

I got another pouch to try as I thought maybe the first one I tried a few years ago was too dry (which it was). Still doesn’t change my opinion on the stuff. SWR or Granger are so much better than this crap! Of course what should you expect from the maker of “Black N Mild”?

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Sounds like someone prefers flavored tobaccos. My girlfriend says try hookah? Haha I’m jk no disrespect. I say you PIF it if you don’t like it.

I only smoked PA out of my cob for a year, before I was forced to try and buy online. Couldn’t so had to try something else, amphora burley. I haven’t tried any other burley blends but the amphora is good but still prefer the PA.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I find PA a shade too mild and the cocoa flavoring a little annoying. But some members have it as their principle blend and are happy with it, so I can't argue with that. I knew an old guy who smoked only PA, into his nineties, and I liked him a lot, so I can't dislike PA too much. Stories about him, another time.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I find PA a shade too mild and the cocoa flavoring a little annoying. But some members have it as their principle blend and are happy with it, so I can't argue with that. I knew an old guy who smoked only PA, into his nineties, and I liked him a lot, so I can't dislike PA too much. Stories about him, another time.
My Grandfather smoked PA so I want to like it but I just can’t. I can smoke Granger and SWR but not this.

maybe it’s the cocoa? I’m not a huge fan of chocolate like flavors in tobacco.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
One is enough. I just don’t like it at all.

and no I don’t prefer flavored tobaccos I smoke lots of other stuff. I think I don’t prefer burley. But when I do, it certainly isn’t this shit.

Hey man, more for me.. haha. Tastes are different. I find Carter Hall to be the boring of the two.

For what it's worth.. when I smoked my first bowl I kinda thought "wow, there's not much to this". I've had that experience with quite a few blends, after going back a second or third time the flavors change..

One more side note.. If I smoke any thing with latakia, it ruins my OTC blends for a while.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hey man, more for me.. haha. Tastes are different. I find Carter Hall to be the boring of the two.

For what it's worth.. when I smoked my first bowl I kinda though "wow, there's not much to this". I've had that experience with quite a few blends, after going back a second or third time the flavors change..

One more side note.. If i smoke any thing with latakia, it ruins my OTC blends for a while.
I mean I’ll give it one more try. But I’d rather smoke Granger, SWR, SWRA, or Mixture 79.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Don't worry BROS if you can't smoke PA yet. Some day you will grow up and realize all men should have a truck, whisky should be drank neat, wine should have a cork not a screw top, water shouldn't be any flavor other than water, you should always wear a belt and carry a pocket knife and PA is a mainstay smoke. Here, here. It's ok, do you want a puppy? ????

mikey517

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
NJ
Don't worry BROS if you can't smoke PA yet. Some day you will grow up and realize all men should have a truck, whisky should be drank neat, wine should have a cork not a screw top, water shouldn't be any flavor other than water, you should always wear a belt and carry a pocket knife and PA is a mainstay smoke. Here, here. It's ok, do you want a puppy? ????
Amen!!!
Took me almost a year to try PA...now, there's nothing sweeter than that first, early morning bowl of PA in my Grand Duke with the first cup of coffee. Yummmm.

I have my truck (and dog), drink American Honey on ice, avoid wine, match water with cutting' firewood, replaced my belt with 'spenders (better for working), the RR Stockman in my hip pocket, and a leather pouch full of PA in the back pocket.

....and, I'll take a puppy anytime over most of my neighbors.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hard to wear a belt with an elastic waisted pant.

and by truck do you mean a car with a metal box or a real truck with 4WD?

I had a lifted Wrangler. That thing was a shitpile.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I agree @BROBS about Prince Albert, and I actually like codger burleys generally. I've not tried them all, but PA is my least favorite so far. I suppose I'd smoke it if that's all that was available in a pinch, so I don't exactly hate it.

:ROFLMAO: If you substitute CH for PA, then you just described my life

Status
Not open for further replies.