PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't care Obidisian might be mineral oil. I don't
care it costs 8 bucks. The bottle lasts forever, it keeps my vulcanite stems shiny and II have been using it for years with great results.

When I find something that works I stick with it until it stops working or the product is discontinued. I heard a rumor that Obidisian might go the way of the DoDo so I plan on buying a hundred bottles and corner the market. People will pay me hundreds a bottle, I just know it. lol

Plus those little blue bottles are kind of cool.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
So, what's in it?

Minc. You got a green bottle because the green were on clearance and I was out of the blue.

That's a trade secret. I will say it has food grade oils and some UV protectants and was formulated for Vulcanite. Naturally I'd rather you use that because I think it's the best and it's mine but when it comes Vulcanite stems, almost anything is better than nothing. Wax, mineral oil, chapstick, olive oil. Use them regularly. Vulcanite oxidizes because the pores get exposed to sunlight, air and saliva which accelerates that.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Minc. You got a green bottle because the green were on clearance and I was out of the blue.

That's a trade secret. I will say it has food grade oils and some UV protectants and was formulated for Vulcanite. Naturally I'd rather you use that because I think it's the best and it's mine but when it comes Vulcanite stems, almost anything is better than nothing. Wax, mineral oil, chapstick, olive oil. Use them regularly. Vulcanite oxidizes because the pores get exposed to sunlight, air and saliva which accelerates that.
Cool. I didn't know that you are Obsidian Oil. I like it.

Seeker81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2019
I apologise if it has already been mentioned... I just quickly scanned over most of the posts here.

Can anyone recommend a specific brand of obsidian oil or mineral oil? (Link maybe?)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.