Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 24, 2020
San Diego
Long story short (and still long!): Went to a brunch, drank a lot plus went to follow on bar. At brunch, talked to fellow pipe enthusiast about a scotch brand doing a promo nearby. Scotch on brain, get home and open a tin of Robert McConnell Sottish Flake I bough in 2020, but is old enough there are no tobacco warnings on the tin. And opened a bottle of expensive port I was saving for a tasting night. Only things I did right was clay pipe and crystal glass.

P.S. Raisin/currant tin note is amazing. My palate is crap, but is that fig? I'm really a fan of this. This is amazing and the port is delicious.

p.p.s please let me know if I should put this somewhere else.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. Other than opening the expensive bottle of port you were saving, I don't see any particularly rowdy behavior here. You sound fairly sober when you wrote. Anyway, lots of good information on Forums. If you are a new member, I think this thread is in the right category.

Reactions: timelord and JOHN72
Dec 24, 2020
San Diego
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. Other than opening the expensive bottle of port you were saving, I don't see any particularly rowdy behavior here. You sound fairly sober when you wrote. Anyway, lots of good information on Forums. If you are a new member, I think this thread is in the right category.
I did have to heavily edit that post, before posting, as I did this post. hahahah

Reactions: Toast

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
Long story short (and still long!): Went to a brunch, drank a lot plus went to follow on bar. At brunch, talked to fellow pipe enthusiast about a scotch brand doing a promo nearby. Scotch on brain, get home and open a tin of Robert McConnell Sottish Flake I bough in 2020, but is old enough there are no tobacco warnings on the tin. And opened a bottle of expensive port I was saving for a tasting night. Only things I did right was clay pipe and crystal glass.

P.S. Raisin/currant tin note is amazing. My palate is crap, but is that fig? I'm really a fan of this. This is amazing and the port is delicious.

p.p.s please let me know if I should put this somewhere else.
Wish I'd made that kind of mistake! LOL

• Love
Reactions: Another Charlie