PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Like...(takes long toke off of a joint)......................................whoah dude.
EDIT: In all seriousness, I agree with one of the above posters in that while this is funny, it would be even funnier if it wasn't so culturally relevant at the moment.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
In all seriousness, I agree with one of the above posters in that while this is funny, it would be even funnier if it wasn't so culturally relevant at the moment.
In case you missed it, we also posted something related to this at the same time:
Smokeless in Seattle
I'm working on a follow-up article as well that goes further into the discussion.
I wanted to do an April Fools Day joke, and couldn't think of anything. I had ten ideas, but they were all offensive. I had given up, but then when I posted Ethan's article, this idea popped into my head.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Mike
My experiences with pain killers and the 'killer weed' are very similar to yours. I did find it best when I was quite young with absolutley no responsibilites except for school. In those days, I enjoyed smoking grass.
As soon as was on my own, within about a year, I began the paranoia.
There is absolutley nothing like a good stiff drink of bourbon (insert whatever adult beverage you wish) to make me feel sooooo much better after a challanging day.
If there were a pill available as you mentioned, for IQ boosting, I'd be right behind you on line

okrent

Might Stick Around
Mar 12, 2013
Wow, this April fools joke is hilarious. Though that might have something to do with those funny tasting cookies I just ate.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
My issue with blanket bans on substances is that it puts decisions about it in the hands of some very unsavoury characters. We go from the centuries old tradition of chewing coca leaves to cope with working at high altitude to crack cocaine which has caused huge harm to communities. It is similar to the situation during prohibition in the USA. During that period more people died from alcohol poisoning than at any other time. That is before you consider the deaths from violence from gangsters.
I wonder how many millions (billions ?)have been spent on the war on drugs? I also wonder if there is a single country where drug use has declined over the last 20 years?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I am happy to report that my tobacco pipe kits and bags of bulk tobacco go through the

airport X-ray inspection with not one question. The monitors obviously see what they are and

know what they're looking at. However, my harmonica was examined as a possible pistol

clip, the reed holes looking a little like cartridges I guess.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Mso489 - I did wonder about that. Having watched a couple of real life shows following the work of customs officials, it seems that x-rays will show up organic products and I wondered if they could tell the difference between tobacco and illegal substances. I guess they keep some of the details secret so the program doesn't give any criminals ideas to beat the system.
I remember when I went to the USA aged about 12 - my metal eye glasses case caused me to be of interest to security. I made the mistake of putting my hand in my jacket to show them it was nothing sinister, which didn't go down too well at the time!

phoenix

Lurker
Mar 16, 2013
An April Fools Joke? Man, that's too bad. Great stuff though. I enjoy the stuff on a regular basis. Expands the mind, chills ya out and the insights I get are awesome. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.