PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Presbyterian Mixture is everything you would expect from a Presbyterian. I am not joking. It is not offensive in any way, it follows the rules of a mixture, it has Latakia in it - not enough to present any type of concern or fear, but just enough to let someone know that the smoker is someone who at any time might do something unexpected, but of course as everyone knows and understands, won't. Why, because as a good Presbyterian, just because you might do something that could cause disapproval, doesn't mean you will do something that could be disapproved.

Presbyterian: Why, I have a good mind to tell you just what is on my mind.

Bystander: Okay, tell me!

Presbyterian: I wouldn't dream of it.

Bystander: Hmmm. I guess you are the type of person who wouldn't consider jay-waking if it could save you time.

Presbyterian: That just goes to show you, you don't understand Presbyterians. If the committee met, and the by-laws and rules permitted such deviation, if the sub articles determined such an event it was necessary, I'd talk to my pastor and .... never you mind.

Bystander: Never you mind what?

Presbyterian: It doesn't matter. It's all predetermined anyway.

Bystander: I guess you'll be telling me there is latakia in your blend.

Presbyterian: Of course there is. I know the blender, and he's a good Presbyterian - and as Burt Lancaster would say, a "good Republican and a tax payer!". I can assure you he followed the recipe.

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
Presbyterian Mixture is everything you would expect from a Presbyterian. I am not joking. It is not offensive in any way, it follows the rules of a mixture, it has Latakia in it - not enough to present any type of concern or fear, but just enough to let someone know that the smoker is someone who at any time might do something unexpected, but of course as everyone knows and understands, won't. Why, because as a good Presbyterian, just because you might do something that could cause disapproval, doesn't mean you will do something that could be disapproved.

Presbyterian: Why, I have a good mind to tell you just what is on my mind.

Bystander: Okay, tell me!

Presbyterian: I wouldn't dream of it.

Bystander: Hmmm. I guess you are the type of person who wouldn't consider jay-waking if it could save you time.

Presbyterian: That just goes to show you, you don't understand Presbyterians. If the committee met, and the by-laws and rules permitted such deviation, if the sub articles determined such an event it was necessary, I'd talk to my pastor and .... never you mind.

Bystander: Never you mind what?

Presbyterian: It doesn't matter. It's all predetermined anyway.

Bystander: I guess you'll be telling me there is latakia in your blend.

Presbyterian: Of course there is. I know the blender, and he's a good Presbyterian - and as Burt Lancaster would say, a "good Republican and a tax payer!". I can assure you he followed the recipe.
I think it’s possible we have different Presbyterians in Scotland...

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I am sure they appreciate Calvin, stark white churches, no real crosses hanging around, and an eye for rules. Or, am I wrong, LOL.
The small town we live in was having a community weekend with different events. On Sunday the events opened with an interfaith service hosted at the Presbyterian Church (an amazing 1850’s building - stark white with fantastic light blue doors). We were intrigued, as we are an interfaith couple and neither of us really follow a particular religion though I was brought up Jewish and my wife Catholic (we don’t have kids but a former student whose parents are of the same background referred to herself as a Cashew ?). We decide to attend the service. Well, it seems that the “interfaith” service was the Lutherans (the other church in town) and Presbyterians getting together for a service. ?

• Haha
Reactions: Fiddlepiper

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
The small town we live in was having a community weekend with different events. On Sunday the events opened with an interfaith service hosted at the Presbyterian Church (an amazing 1850’s building - stark white with fantastic light blue doors). We were intrigued, as we are an interfaith couple and neither of us really follow a particular religion though I was brought up Jewish and my wife Catholic (we don’t have kids but a former student whose parents are of the same background referred to herself as a Cashew ?). We decide to attend the service. Well, it seems that the “interfaith” service was the Lutherans (the other church in town) and Presbyterians getting together for a service. ?
That is funny. My experience as a Presbyterian is this:

Deacon: Pastor, I appreciate what it is you want to do, but we will need to check the bylaws and run it by the session.

Pastor: Yes, we should. The doors have been blue for over 150 years. Painting them a darker shade of blue is really a matter for the a standing committee. I don't know what I was thinking.

Deacon: Problems with the wife?

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
I am sure they appreciate Calvin, stark white churches, no real crosses hanging around, and an eye for rules. Or, am I wrong, LOL.
That’s definitely fairly close. The proper hardliners are no instruments in church, everything closed on a Sunday, hellfire and damnation for all those who don’t follow etc etc. Not many of them left though really.

Status
Not open for further replies.